alright, VC. Need your help/suggestions.

alright. so I sold a copy of Glassjaw"s "Worship and Tribute" last week, shipped it out on Saturday and got there today. Dude sends me an email that says he thinks the plastic melted on the record and I explained that the plastic sticks to the record and that's how it was shipped when I got it. he sends me this picture:

[image]

I played it front to back before I put it up and it sounded absolutely fine.

Help?

Tell him to stick it in a separate sleeve, since at this point there's nothing you can really do. Also seeing as how this record isn't always quiet, sometimes one doesn't notice the sound that the plastic smudging causes. Maybe this dude is just that anal, that he doesn't like the way it looks.

It's from the inner plastic sleeve, it not moisture damage or anything it's probably a chemical from the sleeve that over time has leaked onto the record. This is the first time I'm playing this album in about 6-7 months and as I said before it sounds fine. Tell him to play it, it should still work, if he gives you shit about it, I'd call bullshit on him. I can send you pics and video of it playing just fine if you need haha

Nothing you can really do about it, I'm playing my copy right now, sounds fine. Mine looks the same, not as bad but similar markings. Does he want his money back or what?

he said he's gonna take it to his record store tomorrow to see if it's ok.

I....don't know.

Take it to his record store? I'm assuming he doesn't own a player? What was the point of owning the record? Ohh, duh, I just want to display it.....

The PVC jackets really are a pain. Seeing as how this hasn't been out all that long, i can see it still sounding good despite the smudging, but when you let it sit in that plastic jacket without a separate sleeve, the sound will eventually be affected. I know, because i payed a ridiculous amount of money for two records like this that came out in 06' and they had a massive amount of that stuff.

he said he's gonna take it to his record store tomorrow to see if it's ok.

I....don't know.

Take it to his record store? I'm assuming he doesn't own a player? What was the point of owning the record? Ohh, duh, I just want to display it.....

yeah, dude. as soon as I read that, I instantly shook my head.

I emailed him saying a little bit of what you guys mentioned here. now to wait.

thanks guys.

The PVC jackets really are a pain. Seeing as how this hasn't been out all that long, i can see it still sounding good despite the smudging, but when you let it sit in that plastic jacket without a separate sleeve, the sound will eventually be affected. I know, because i payed a ridiculous amount of money for two records like this that came out in 06' and they had a massive amount of that stuff.

Agreed, I've never experienced this with any record and I probably wouldn't have pulled out W&T anytime soon without seeing this thread. To me it sounds like the buyer is more concerned with the look of the package rather than the play-ability. I don't personally care what people do with their collections but either way the plastic inner sleeve is going to stick to the album. If he bought it to display tell him to get the record laminated or put some type of shellac on it. If he bought it to play it tell him to store it in a regular LP sleeve. Really what else is there?