Just moved to Orlando / RSD

I'm going to be spending a week in Orlando at the end of April/start of May, so I'm going to have to check out some of these places. Are there any other record stores outside of Park Ave? I have a car so traveling for a good punk store isn't a huge deal.

honestly, you wont wanna go to the other ones. Rock and Roll heaven is stupidly overpriced and there are a couple others, but none really carry any sort of punk

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like I'll be seeing many of you bright and early! I'll prolly get there around 6:30am, just for kicks. It's my first time, so I really want to take in the miserable experience of sitting around for 3 1/2 hours just waiting to get into a record store. I'm stoked! :D

I say we have a secret vc word or phrase

"There is no such thing as vinylz"

say it to everyone as they walk up and if they reply, ask what their screenname is haha

I'm going to be spending a week in Orlando at the end of April/start of May, so I'm going to have to check out some of these places. Are there any other record stores outside of Park Ave? I have a car so traveling for a good punk store isn't a huge deal.

honestly, you wont wanna go to the other ones. Rock and Roll heaven is stupidly overpriced and there are a couple others, but none really carry any sort of punk

Thanks for the tip. How's Park Ave's selection?

Sounds like I'll be seeing many of you bright and early! I'll prolly get there around 6:30am, just for kicks. It's my first time, so I really want to take in the miserable experience of sitting around for 3 1/2 hours just waiting to get into a record store. I'm stoked! :D

say it to everyone as they walk up and if they reply, ask what their screenname is haha

I was gonna suggest something but I didn't want to sound gay. But... with that being said, I don't really mind sounding gay. It'd be cool to actually meet you guys. I look like this and you should probably come up and talk to me so we can be friends. [image]

kthnxbye.

I was gonna suggest something but I didn't want to sound gay. But... with that being said, I don't really mind sounding gay. It'd be cool to actually meet you guys. I look like this and you should probably come up and talk to me so we can be friends. [image]

kthnxbye.

Yo I told my sister to talk to you. She's planning on being the first person in line, so you should be able to spot her. She referred to you as "rocky votolato forum guy", so that's how you should identify yourself :)

kthnxbye.

Yo I told my sister to talk to you. She's planning on being the first person in line, so you should be able to spot her. She referred to you as "rocky votolato forum guy", so that's how you should identify yourself :)

Hahahaha, right on dude. It'll be nice to have a few people to talk to while we sit around for like, 4 hours.

Whoever else is gonna be at Park Ave tomorrow, I'll see you there!

I felt like the prettiest girl at the dance! I mean, it's one day right?! Might as well do it properly!!

$600!? what did you get?

Mae - The Everglow

Anberlin - NTFP

Straylight Run - S/T

Michael Buble/Ray Charles - 7"

TBS - We Play Songs

DCfC - Codes and Keys

DCfC - Narrow Stairs

Moving Mountains - Forward

Fun - The Ghost That You Are

Plus I bought a Pro-Ject Debut III. That was a large portion of the $600+ that I spent.

So, how about the balls on the Park Ave staff to kick out the first people in line for being flippers. Hilarious.

haha yeah i was about 100 or so people behind them. does anyone have any "inside info" on what exactly went down?

They let that couple in first by themselves for whatever reason, and apparently they were acting very obvious about it, going down the RSD list only buying the extremely limited items so someone called them out on it and they got kicked out pretty fast.

$600!? what did you get?

Mae - The Everglow

Anberlin - NTFP

Straylight Run - S/T

TBS - We Play Songs

DCfC - Codes and Keys

DCfC - Narrow Stairs

Plus I bought a Pro-Ject Debut III. That was a large portion of the $600+ that I spent.

Crap I heard the guy at the gift buffet say you can take anything you want to you haha me and my wife were impressed

Mae - The Everglow

Anberlin - NTFP

Straylight Run - S/T

TBS - We Play Songs

DCfC - Codes and Keys

DCfC - Narrow Stairs

Crap I heard the guy at the gift buffet say you can take anything you want to you haha me and my wife were impressed

Well, I brought 4 cans with me, which meant I got everything 10% off. I was gonna wait and get the record player next week, but I couldn't pass up the deal. I know 10% isn't a huge amount, but a deal is a deal, you know? Hahaha, so far I'm pretty happy with everything I got. Plus I really loved the way Park Ave ran their store. Organized and fun and it was definitely a great first RSD experience.