Record packaging boxes

I went to a local box store and they sell 12" for 1.94/ea. Last time I went I bought 10 and the guy dropped it to 1.50/ea. I know they have discounts when you buy a bundle of 50? then 100.

I recently started collecting the boxes we throw away for our bankers boxes. Gonna make my own.

I've generally found ebay to be the best place to buy these due to the competition among sellers. It took me way too long to make a 7" mailer last week that I just caved and bought 50. I don't even have 10 I'd sell right now but over time I'm sure I might. Much better to just buy in bulk and hold onto the boxes than to keep buying 10 at a clip. It's taken me 2 years to get through a box of 50 12" mailers but I'm glad I can just go downstairs and grab one instead of wasting time 'manufacturing' one.

Anyone in SoCal/OC should hit up KWW (Kilmer Wagner Wise) in Garden Grove. Great prices. Pretty sure it was under $40 for 100. I want to say closer to $30. If they don't have them in stock, they'll have them the next day.

+1 when I get home. I think Box Zone on Katella might lose a customer soon.

I don't see the point in using a new record mailer all the time. For one, it's uneconomical. If it's not badly beaten (and shouldn't be if the previous person packed well), then why not use it again?

If there's something I'm good at through recycling, it's reusing record mailers. I also make my own from cardboard we throw away at my work.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0034PU6Y8/ref=wms_ohs_product

These end up being about $0.66 a piece. The cheapest I could find the last time I searched. I had been shipping out records using old mailers but I started running out of ones that were in good shape and I didn't want to send stuff out looking like crap so I had to bite the bullet and buy some new ones. Only other thing to consider would be getting some filler pads to go along with these.

http://www.amazon.com/50-Protection-Shipping-Records-12NCPAD/dp/B001J5B162/ref=pd_sbs_op_3

I also saw these but you're buying a hundred of them at a time... they work out to be about $0.54 per mailer.

http://www.amazon.com/Record-Cardboard-Multi-Depth-Mailers-12BC01VDWH/dp/B001J595VK/ref=pd_sbs_op_2

And no, I do not work for amazon but I do tend to buy entirely too much crap from them.

I don't see the point in using a new record mailer all the time. For one, it's uneconomical. If it's not badly beaten (and shouldn't be if the previous person packed well), then why not use it again?

If there's something I'm good at through recycling, it's reusing record mailers. I also make my own from cardboard we throw away at my work.

Nothing wrong with old mailers if you have them. If you buy more records locally than over the web though, eventually you will find you are out of old mailers. I do re-use the ones that are in good shape but most times I am using a brand new one.