Kindle

Hi,

Just a question out there for you all.

I am looking at getting a Kindle, however over here we only have the Kindle 3 and the touch.

Just wondering what these are like for viewing PDF's ones ideally for Cisco and microsoft as these are what im studying at the moment. Obviously other books will be on there to but the PDF viewing for Cisco is a main point I need :)

Thanks in advance

Ehhh Cisco training I would something with vivid color such as iPad 2 or 3. Never tried the new Kindle screens though, I do however have the e-Reader 1st gen for my books and then my iPads for my magazines!

When I did Cisco I just used the CDs that were enclosed in the "tomes." You going for your CCNA?

Yeah I hate apple and cant afford an iPad even if i wanted one lol I will only use for reading so cant see the point giving apple my hard earnt £'s lol.

I cant sit in front of a PC reading all day it would fry my noodle but I got all the PDF's and the boks, just the books are a pain in the @ss to carry with me.

Yeah reading ICND1 presently and going to go up that route, my company paid for the book and exams and gives me an incentive when I complete so more money the better :)

my wife has a nook and had me put some comic books on there for her.

it was a pain in the ass, and involved searching for conversion programs and such.

but once i found the right program and figured out what i was doing (which actually didn't make all that much sense to me) i got it to work.

but this is a nook, not a kindle, but i can only assume you'll have a similar experience if you plan on installing material that you didn't download directly from kindle.