Thank f*%k thats over with....

I used go do that when I was in the Air Force. I'd do 4 days on (two days of 7a-7p directly followed by two days of 7p-7a) and then have 4 days off. You think that sounds sweet cause 4 days off in a row is cool, but your body gets jacked up trying to make the switch from days to mids. Not only do you feel like a zombie, but those lonely late nights kill you... I swear I've looked at every page the internet has to offer. After awhile I stopped using the internet at home cause then I wouldn't have anything to look at while I was at work. I feel for you bro.

I used go do that when I was in the Air Force. I'd do 4 days on (two days of 7a-7p directly followed by two days of 7p-7a) and then have 4 days off. You think that sounds sweet cause 4 days off in a row is cool, but your body gets jacked up trying to make the switch from days to mids. Not only do you feel like a zombie, but those lonely late nights kill you... I swear I've looked at every page the internet has to offer. After awhile I stopped using the internet at home cause then I wouldn't have anything to look at while I was at work. I feel for you bro.

What'd you do in the AF? I was in from 2001-2005, the last 2 years of which I must have been on mids about 80% of the time. I'm a contractor now, and still working 12-hour shifts overnight, but at least it pays better. But yeah, everything you said is true.

What'd you do in the AF? I was in from 2001-2005, the last 2 years of which I must have been on mids about 80% of the time. I'm a contractor now, and still working 12-hour shifts overnight, but at least it pays better. But yeah, everything you said is true.

I was in the Intelligence career field. I was a 1N4 so I worked for the NSA the whole time I was in. 6 straight years of shift work. I wasn't on a regular Mon-Fri schedule once!! So needless to say, when it came time to re-enlist, I politely told them no. :)

My shifts are poo. supposed to be 4 on 4 off, however they work it so you do 4 nights in a row with 2 cover days each end then normally another 2 proper days off each side, work at most 1 day of the weekend a month, but 12 hours is a killer... esp the nights and weekends, as there's no work to do and nobody else.

I know what you mean about the zombie effect, the final night shift getting home at 7:30 and waking up at 11 just so I can get used to days again :( not so fun :(

And I thought I should censor the title, don’t wanna hurt the lil kiddies eyes do I :)