Efterklang & Peter Broderick Related Thread

Guest realtalk

Guest realtalk

Peter Broderick "Home" Repress

"Home is a collection of folk songs recorded at the end of 2007 and beginning of 2008. Recorded in various places in various parts of the world, it is an album about finding a home. Written, performed, recorded, and produced by Peter himself and mixed with his good friend and sound wizard from Efterklang, Mads Brauer."

Available at Forced Exposure

• 9 months later...

Guest realtalk

Peter Broderick has a "new" album on wax limited to 250 in a hand-made folded sleeve, with a 12-sided booklet and download code. It is a 2009 release of his, first time on vinyl.

This guy is also part of the fantastic band Efterklang, who released a new album Piramida in late 2012... and which also doesn't likely need it's own thread at VC either... 3 albums in 2 posts!!!

• 2 months later...
Guest realtalk
Efterklang With Copenhagen Phil - The Piramida Concert

*Deluxe gatefold double vinyl with one black disc and one white LP, includes a free CD inside, designed by Danis artists and long-time Efterklang collaborators Hvass&Hannibal* "With the release of their fourth album ‘Piramida’, Efterklang performed it for the first time - before the record itself was released - at the iconic Sydney Opera House in May 2012 with the Sydney Symphony Orchestra. An unorthodox way of introducing a new body of work, perhaps, but the moment has become a milestone in Efterklang’s twelveyear history. Early on in the gestation process of ‘Piramida’, Efterklang enlisted the talents of renowned composers Missy Mazzoli and Karsten Fundal to provide orchestral arrangements for the Sydney performance. Their invaluable contributions brought the orchestra into sharp focus, becoming the catalyst for the performance rather than an embellishment. Since their appearance at the Sydney Opera House, the band have played fifteen other such concerts - dubbed The Piramida Concerts - around the globe, including sold out performances at London’s Barbican with the Northern Sinfonia and New York’s Metropolitan Museum concert hall with The Wordless Music Orchestra. The album ‘Piramida’ was released in September 2012. It is named after a forgotten mining settlement on the Norwegian archipelago of Spitsbergen, located just south of the North Pole, abandoned since 1998 and slowly decaying. The trio of Casper Clausen, Mads Brauer and Rasmus Stolberg spent nine days exploring this ghost town, collecting field recordings that would help form the backbone of their fourth studio record. Although cut from the same cloth, The Piramida Concerts differ from Piramida and, keen to present this other side, Efterklang decided to commit one of the performances to tape. Fittingly, they chose the concert they played in their native Denmark, and this will be released as a deluxe double vinyl package (with a copy of the album on CD). ‘The Piramida Concert’ by Efterklang & Copenhagen Phil was recorded live at Copenhagen’s Royal Academy Of Music Concert Hall in October 2012. Over the course of two sold-out nights Efterklang - plus special guests Peter Broderick, Katinka Fogh Vindelev and Budgie (Siouxsie and The Banshees, The Creatures) - teamed up with the 33-strong Copenhagen Phil orchestra and German conductor AndreÅL de Ridder to perform ‘Piramida’ in its entirety. The concert also features ‘So’, a song written during recording sessions for ‘Piramida’, and ‘Vaelv’, a classical piece commissioned by Efterklang and composed by Karsten Fundal. Mixed to tape by Francesco Donadello at the Vox-Ton studio in Berlin."

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest deleted

Released tomorrow:

Reissue of 26-year old American composer Peter Broderick's 2008 debut album Float. Returning to his home in Oregon, where his musical journey began, Peter completes the circle with the release of Float 2013. Remastered by the gifted hands of Nils Frahm, Float 2013 will also include two additional bonus tracks with each album download and will be reissued on CD, vinyl, digital and even on a limited edition cassette via Erased Tapes. The album release will also be accompanied by Float 2013 Addendum, a 7” single featuring ‘Something Has Changed’ re-arranged as a duet for violin and viola, with the new title ‘Something Has Remained’.

Brought up in a musical household in Oregon, Peter quickly became a popular session musician for the likes of M. Ward in the Portland area. Later discovered by the Danish band Efterklang he joined their live band and spent the next six years based in Europe where he collaborated with many like-minded contemporaries. Through relentless touring, multiple album recordings and film scores Peter has established himself as a solo artist, known for his innate gift as a musical medium to picking up any instrument, turning his musings into poignant songs.

Having previously released ‘Ten Duets‘ on cassette tape, Peter is a big fan of this format and is excited to be taking part in Cassette Store Day on September 7th 2013. Float 2013 will be available in store in a hand numbered limited edition of purple cassettes in bespoke packaging. Fans can view a map of stores that stock the tape and listen to ‘A Snowflake’ here: http://tinyurl.com/float2013

’A dialogue was started with Robert, about the idea of one day giving Float a second chance. And a bit later I found myself in the studio of my dear friend Nils, remastering these songs which on one hand felt so far away, but on the other felt right at the core of my musical heart, the foundation of my aspirations as a musician. And what Nils did to the sound, how he worked his magic as he always does, filled me with the conviction that this project had not previously reached its potential. In so many ways I've found myself coming around the circle, back to the place I started, only perhaps the circle itself has moved. But the dream is the same. And my little baby has a new pair of shoes: Float 2013.’ – PETER BRODERICK

Streaming in full at Erased Tapes' Soundcloud.

Guest deleted

NEW RELEASE:

Peter Broderick & Gabriel Saloman

After the Sou Wester weekend Peter Broderick and Gabriel Saloman will be decamping to Type Foundry studio to record with Jason Powers, audio engineer extraordinaire. The recordings that come out of this musical coupling will be released as the first Beacon Sound album-length vinyl.

The first 200 copies of the record will be on clear vinyl and will come with a special booklet that will document the Sou Wester weekend.

Only a few days left for this Kickstarter:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/850321533/beacon-sound-the-label?ref=banner