The Scale of the Universe

Guest realtalk

I think that Mars thing is bullshit, especially if they think they're going to do it in 11 years only relying on funding from publicity. Their plan is to basically have no plan and somehow make money off of it.

I didn't read the mars article but if humans are going, they'd be signing themselves a death sentence. Extended periods of time in weightlessness wreaks havoc on the human body. Not to mention the psychological issues that arise being in confined spaces without sunlight, socializing, etc. I think the l most amount of continual time spent in space by a human so far is around 2 years or less? Far cry from Mars.

Guest realtalk

I don't even think they'd make it there alive. Even if they did, they'd be very unhealthy damaged goods. Still, dare to dream! Imagine a new Earth-like planet and a fresh start to human existence? Sadly, I think we are too lost and far gone here to have much hope for the future... and I'm generally an optimist. :/

• 2 weeks later...