Iron Maiden

Does anybody know where I can get new Iron Maiden records without spending close to $40 on them? I would gladly pay $30 or under (just ordered The Final Frontier on amazon.ca for $30), but $40 is insane.

Also as a side note, if anyone has ANY Iron Maiden records they are willing to part with, please let me know!

The newer IM records are all hella expensive...you can usually find old album pressings for decent prices on ebay, gemm.com, etc... Metal fans are die hard, no matter the cost, fans...so they can charge $40 for a 2xLP because they will pay it, and in reality in a true business sense - that's what records should cost: It would cost $12-15 to produce the physical vinyl albums, including some budgeted amount of money to cover the label overhead/the recording costs and the profit margin for the label).

...for example: if you go to a restaurant and you buy a $12 dish, typically that dish costs $4 in food, $4 to cover labor in producing the dish, and $4 profit. So think of it that way...

The newer IM records are all hella expensive...you can usually find old album pressings for decent prices on ebay, gemm.com, etc... Metal fans are die hard, no matter the cost, fans...so they can charge $40 for a 2xLP because they will pay it, and in reality in a true business sense - that's what records should cost: It would cost $12-15 to produce the physical vinyl albums, including some budgeted amount of money to cover the label overhead/the recording costs and the profit margin for the label).

...for example: if you go to a restaurant and you buy a $12 dish, typically that dish costs $4 in food, $4 to cover labor in producing the dish, and $4 profit. So think of it that way...

Does it really cost $12-15 to manufacture each record? How are small labels such as Bridge 9 able to sell records online for $13? I know B9 isn't making TONS of money, but I would at least think they are covering their costs and making a little.

Does it really cost $12-15 to manufacture each record? How are small labels such as Bridge 9 able to sell records online for $13? I know B9 isn't making TONS of money, but I would at least think they are covering their costs and making a little.

factoring it being a 2xLP and a much MUCH MUCH greater recording budget/promotion campaign.

to press an LP it should only cost between $4-$5 with a standard jacket...add $2 for a gatefold jacket. (NOT including the recording costs)

Thier stuff is expensive new. I got Final Frontier as a Amazon Pre order for $30 shipped or so if I recall. and the From fear best of 3lp for $25 same early pre order but I have seen that as high as $50 in stores new. And a matter of life for 20 something online a year or 2 ago. And Ive gotten a few older things for $10 at stores.

Thier stuff is expensive new. I got Final Frontier as a Amazon Pre order for $30 shipped or so if I recall. and the From fear best of 3lp for $25 same early pre order but I have seen that as high as $50 in stores new. And a matter of life for 20 something online a year or 2 ago. And Ive gotten a few older things for $10 at stores.

I was looking at getting that greatest hits (I don't know why, because I never buy greatest hits) and its $54 on amazon.ca. Right now I am trying to find A Matter Of Life And Death for less than $40. And basically all of their albums as well haha.

It's tough!! I scoured Ebay for months tracking down mint condition UK pressings of their first handful of albums. I ended up getting most of them for around 25. I watched so many auctions go by going for 40 or more a piece. I just waited and got lucky.

Thanks for the tip! I have been watching ebay auctions and praying that no one buys them. I feel like I am going on a Maiden spending spree from just seeing them in Toronto the other night, but damn they're an amazing band.

I was supposed to see them with Alice Cooper just this past Monday, but plans fell through and I couldn't make it. Never seen them live and pissed I missed a chance.

Sucks you missed it. I saw them last night in Indianapolis and they were incredible.

As for the records, the new ones are fairly expensive. But the one I want/need is Brave New World, and it goes for CRAZY prices. Haven't seen one go for less than $100 in s while.

Agreed. Very diehard fan base. For some reason I just ordered A Matter of Life and Death from amazon.ca for $40, even though I told myself I wouldn't spend that much. On a side note, I just got the Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg 10" used and it says "Play at 33rpm", although it is definitely a 45rpm record haha.