Metallica will make a 3D movie, then a new album.

Metallica drummer Lars Ulrich has announced plans to record new material after the release of the band's upcoming 3D film.

Yes, that's right - Metallica plans to film an upcoming concert... in 3D. And it get's better. Unlike a traditional concert film, this movie will also have a story. As Lars explained during a recent conference call, "(The film) is a narrative, and the rest of the stuff that goes on outside of the concert is not going to feature members of Metallica...in any way, shape or form. It's a split narrative that kind of runs parallel to the concert."

The as-of-yet-untitled Metallica 3D opus will be directed by Nimrod Antal, who recently helmed the movie Predators. The band plans to shoot the film after their late-August gigs in Vancouver.

But what of a new album, Lars? "It's been a very full year with trying to launch the festival and get this music project up and running," he told reporters. "And you're sort of itching... I mean, every time James Hetfield picks up a guitar there's some brilliant riff that comes out of him, and I try to make sure that they're all recorded and try to do my best to keep up with them and try to put some drums behind them. In terms of turning ideas into songs, pretty much when we're done with the movie and with Outside Lands... we're going to basically just concentrate on new music and trying to get another Metallica record will be the priority. I mean, it's an amazing thing, 31 years into a career, to be able to be as busy as we are and for people to give a shit."

When asked if the new album would appear on Napster, Lars threw his Low Cal Chai Latte at the wall and screamed, "This interview is over!"

Source: Billboard

Craving some old-school Metallica? Why not check out ShopRadioCast's selection. Metallica will make a 3D movie, then a new album.

I take it you never saw this?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0387412/

i did sit thru that actually.

god what a horrible album st. anger was.

it was funny watching them write awful songs together like it was some of the best stuff they've ever done.

this upcoming movie is going to have a fictional story line with actors and stuff.