Cancer sucks

I'll be running the St. Jude Children's Hospital half-marathon in Memphis this December. I'm currently training and have a fundraising goal of $500. I took part in this last year as well, and can honestly say that it was life changing. St. Jude is an amazing place doing incredible things for children and families in need.

A few facts:

• No family ever pays St. Jude for anything
  • During the past five years, 81 cents of every dollar received has supported the research and treatment at St. Jude
  • St. Jude is the first institution established for the sole purpose of conducting basic and clinical research and treatment into catastrophic childhood diseases, mainly cancer

I'm trying to raise $500, and figured it wouldn't hurt to start a thread here. I'll also be starting a sale thread soon to try and raise funds as well.

I'm running in honor of my girlfriend's sister, who was a St Jude's patient. She ultimately lost her fight with glioblastoma (malignant brain tumor), but this hospital is responsible for giving her 5 more years than she wouldn't have had otherwise.

kelsey.jpg

Below is a link to my fundraising page. I realize most of us are broke, but even tiny donations help. Thanks!

http://fundraising.stjude.org/site/TR?px=2014643&fr_id=3631&pg=personal