PO: House of Hayduk - City of Quartz /500 (w/members of Faith No More, This Heat, HEALTH)

http://koolarrow.com/house-of-hayduk-city-of-quartz/

RELEASE DATE: NOV 23, 2012

Created and produced by Mads Heldtberg

Mixed by Jim Monti

Mastered by Lupo (Dubplates and Mastering)

House of Hayduk is the brainchild of the Danish/American composer, producer and musician Mads Heldtberg; the idea rooted in the belief that there is a common musical thread shared by both musicians and music fans, that transcends genre, age and aesthetic.

In this spirit, the foundation of the album focuses on 3 generations of players –Bill Gould (FAITH NO MORE), Charles Hayward (THIS HEAT) and Mads Heldtberg (DÜREFÖRSÖG) meeting up and recording in a studio in New York; from there comes deconstructing, reassembling and adding of additional musicians to create four entirely new linear pieces of music.

Drums radiate a sense of power, doom and darkness that is both profoundly human; and as chaotic and unforgiving as a force of nature. Hard driving, monolithic bass that begs to be experienced on a massive sound system. Shards of surgical guitar slice through thick vapor, accompanied by a symphony of exotic percussion. Filtered through a dub-like, hypnotic lens, “City of Quartz” is a a musical indulgence, refined with obsessive detail; this album wasn’t written–it was designed with intent.

THIS ALBUM IS A LIMITED EDITION OF ONLY 500 NUMBERED COPIES…there are no plans to make this available on cd or through iTunes.

and features a series of fantastic players, including: BJ Miller (HEALTH), Peter Peter (SODS), Dean Hurley (David Lynch), Timba Harris (Estradasphere), & Anders Trentemøller

Yes.

http://koolarrow.com/city-of-quartz/ has some 46 second sound samples.

I just bought it knowing that I may not love it, but that it will probably be interesting.

Now that I'm checking it out I'm glad I did... sounds very cool.

I would buy anything with Timba Harris' involvement, though... Estradasphere is my favorite band.