Pitch Issues with Realistic LAB-56. Help?

Just hooked up the player this weekend and the sound is off a smidge. All the vocals are higher pitched. All connections are correct and took the player in for servicing this month.

Not sure if the record isn't spinning at a true 33 or if it could be something else? Any recommendations would be very helpful, as google search didn't provide much insight.

Did you DeOxIt and then turn it on without waiting at least 12 hours? Which DeOxIt did you use? Where did you spray it?

I ask all this because as a former tech, I've seen 100s of people ruin their equipment by spraying the wrong substance on the wrong parts. You know some DeOxIt degrades plastic? So if you didn't cautiously spray, and it got on some of the internal gears that are plastic, you might have an even worse of turntable very quickly?

Always take it to a real tech.

DeOxit Red and Gold. Do you own a Lab-400? If so, the speed adjustment is not plastic, right. I've done my research and have fixed a few receivers from their death bed since real audio techs are far and wide in Toronto Canada. Weird since this is the largest city in Canada.

You don't always have to take it to a real tech. However if you don't feel comfortable with what I've stated, then yes, take it to a tech.

Just a couple of quick observations.

To the OP, if your turntable was playing too slow or you were experiencing wow and flutter, I'd suggest that you replace the belt. Since it's running too fast though, my best guess is that there's something screwy going on with motor or power supply. It's really tough to say because there's pretty much zero information on the net in regards to that particular model. For $25, I'd take it back to your tech ... although you have a point in not wanting to spend any more money on it. I doubt the thing is even worth $25.

At the end of the day, if you just had it serviced and now it's playing too fast, the tech should really stand behind his work and attempt to remedy the situation, free of charge. It also sounds a little crazy that the table was not tested before returning it to you.

As for Deoxit, the Red and Gold are safe for plastics. At least that's what it says right on the can. If you want to give a few quick sprays in the pots for the switches, it's not going to hurt anything. Having said that, you certainly don't want to go spraying the insides of your turntable all willy-nilly like. Not because it's going to degrade the plastic; rather, a lot of these old turntables require grease, lube, silicone oils, etc etc to run smoothly. You're likely to wash a lot of that stuff off if you're too liberal with the deoxit, which will certainly cause problems down the line.

For the record, I have no clue what's on the inside of a Lab-400 or if it requires any lubricants for proper operation. Hopefully you took a look at the manual and you know your way around a potentiometer. And if it's working now, congrats!