The Gaslight Anthem at Stubb's BBQ - Fri April 26, 2013

Tamubro

Anyone else getting to a show in the near future? I am super excited. I just scored 2 tickets. I've never been to a gaslight show before.

I might have to make the drive to Houston as well. Only two Texas dates.

I have a feeling a lot of you have seen these guys play through the years. Are they everything I am hoping they will be?

Can't wait!

If I do make the hike up to Houston, first, am I to assume that the setlist is going to look pretty much the same both nights? Austin and Houston?

Or, are they the type of band that likes to change it up a little since they have to figure a lot of their "die hards" are going to make the only 2 shows in Texas.

They never play "Say I Won't (Recognize)" (my favorite) and they almost always play "Film Noir" (which I think is one of their worst songs).

I'd be fine with retiring '59 Sound for a little while too. Not saying it's a bad song but it's not so great that they have to play it at every show no matter what.

If I do make the hike up to Houston, first, am I to assume that the setlist is going to look pretty much the same both nights? Austin and Houston?

Or, are they the type of band that likes to change it up a little since they have to figure a lot of their "die hards" are going to make the only 2 shows in Texas.

You will get almost, if not the exact same setlist.

i saw two shows back to back one year and the first night we got 1930, refugee, and say i wont and the next night got were getting a divorce, angry johnny, and trusty chords 

i heard they also tend to play sos songs slower these days, not sure how much truth is in that.

for me, mine was in richmond and 1 hour west of richmond a few nights later.

Yeah they change it up sometimes but you are usually gonna get what, 20 songs a night? If 2 or 3 of them are different, that is pretty much the same setlist in my book. And there is no guarantee you get that. I have an original setlist from Detroit that has the title "Cleveland - Agora Theater" or something like that written on the top. So clearly that was the same setlist used twice in a row.

So if you are gonna see a band twice in a row, I think you just have to set yourself up for the same show twice and if you get different songs, just count it as a welcomed surprise.

They never play "Say I Won't (Recognize)" (my favorite) and they almost always play "Film Noir" (which I think is one of their worst songs).

That's funny, I have the gaslight anthem's Live at Park Ave on 10* and I absolutely love Film Noir. Maybe it's just the particular version I enjoy. I still remember the first time I heard it. Great song on my end. 

Not as big of a fan of it on The '59 Sound.

Yeah they change it up sometimes but you are usually gonna get what, 20 songs a night? If 2 or 3 of them are different, that is pretty much the same setlist in my book. And there is no guarantee you get that. I have an original setlist from Detroit that has the title "Cleveland - Agora Theater" or something like that written on the top. So clearly that was the same setlist used twice in a row.

So if you are gonna see a band twice in a row, I think you just have to set yourself up for the same show twice and if you get different songs, just count it as a welcomed surprise.

I totally agree! That's sweet that you pulled the setlist!

what just blew my mind is the thought they actually have over 50+ originals before covers from them to pull from.  they have made a lot of music the past 6 years.

Assuming you aren't counting the Horrible Crowes, which is rumored to have a new album coming out this year.

Not sure if it is on Mercury or SideOne though.

Assuming you aren't counting the Horrible Crowes, which is rumored to have a new album coming out this year.

Not sure if it is on Mercury or SideOne though.

yeah only counting TGA, not solo Brian or THC.

99% sure that would be a S1D release.  Could be wrong though, but don't know why Mercury would have all rights to Brian unless he and ian sign before their next release.

And a few of Brian's solo songs, which were incredible (Tin Pan Alley, The Blues Mary, etc.)

Italian Lightning too!