I just found out I'm going to be on David Letterman. What do I do? Anything cool in NYC?

jpearin

Thanks so much everybody! These type of gigs are the coolest. Especially the situation I pulled myself in to. Everything's paid for while I'm there - flight, lodging, meals - and I get paid on top of it.

Don't get me wrong about the Elvis stuff. I'm a big fan of the earliest 50's to mid-60's stuff. Most of the period thereafter makes me cringe. Especially "Moody Blue", which I'm fairly convinced is the worst song I've ever heard.

Congrats on the gig! That's awesome for you.

FYI, my dad works for CBS specifically on the Letterman show, has pretty much said for as long as I can remember that dude is a total a-hole, but that's just one man's opinion. I remember back when Brand New was on, he held up their CD backwards...not cool. Though it has been a pretty sweet deal for me, I have gotten to go to any of those Live on Letterman tapings I've wanted to..

I definitely second the Brooklyn Brewery, that place is awesome.

Congrats on the gig! That's awesome for you.

FYI, my dad works for CBS specifically on the Letterman show, has pretty much said for as long as I can remember that dude is a total a-hole, but that's just one man's opinion. I remember back when Brand New was on, he held up their CD backwards...not cool. Though it has been a pretty sweet deal for me, I have gotten to go to any of those Live on Letterman tapings I've wanted to..

I definitely second the Brooklyn Brewery, that place is awesome.

No way! That's a great connection to have, I'm sure!! I've heard that from a few people about him. It'd be cool to grab a picture with him. I've only recently started doing that. I'm really curious as to who the other guests will be each night. This whole thing's insane.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, shit. It happened. The trip was absolutely insane. NYC's great. Ended up not having too much time due to rehearsals, but got to visit a few cool local record stores - Kim's stuck out. Narrowly escaped the East Coast blizzard. For anyone who's interested, I posted some video clips of the week below. Got to hang out with Joel McHale and Paul Schaffer. Oddest conversation of my life. Thanks to everybody who made suggestions! Hopefully I'll make it back at some point on my own time.

Keep in mind. These videos are work. No, I don't look like this all the time.

http://youtu.be/G6lrVUAqHkU

http://youtu.be/6lsx4GE4fc0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4osVGdRjSjI