Melvins covers album on Ipecac out 4/30

Guest deathbydrums

i was interested in this until i heard the Queen cover. Not good.

Pretty sure Buzz would agree that's a shit cover and a joke.

...it is the Melvins, after all.

Guest deathbydrums

I love the Queen cover. Buzz has a sense of humor, but he would not release something he thought was shit as a joke.

Uhm, you sure about that?

Uhm, you sure about that?

Yes, I am. I have had conversations with him about this topic. Shit Sandwich was a joke. Running parallel groves of a song backwards and forwards is a joke. That is his humor. But take Prick, he stands behind the "music" fully, the original title (Kurt Cobain and then the renaming) was the joke. Buzz grew up listening to Queen and that is how Melvins play that song, it may be funny how they do it, but he is not gonna put a song on an album that he thinks is shit. These are all songs that they love.

Guest deathbydrums

I love the Queen cover. Buzz has a sense of humor, but he would not release something he thought was shit as a joke.

buzzo downspeaks 'played verbatim' cover songs like this one.  Over-analyzing one track but it's a well done tribute with perhaps a little tongue-in-cheek or tongue-in-???, as the Melvins sometimes do.

I love the Melvins and Queen btw. And let's be real... it could have been much, much worse.

You can stream the whole album HERE

Awesome, thanks!