misfits collectors help? earth a.d.

so i got a earth a.d. and was pretty sure it was the ghoul misprint.  it definitely is a misprint but it's the 3 press i assume?  i thought the misprint was from the first press only.

it has a barcode which narrows it down, but the vinyl itself is opague and i'm pretty sure that was just the first press.

also the misprint is not as noticeable as others i have seen. 

can anyone shed light to this.

This is a much later press because it has a barcode and Carline address. Different blacks are used in the hair and electricity, what you have is not the error-press.

There is much debate as to what constitutes a 1st press, but the general consensus is that 1st presses have the Matrix PL-902 in the matrix. Second pressings have m2 on the a-side and m3 on the b-side.

It's hard to tell because the records may have been pressed at different places.

But what you have is definitely the 2nd to most recent pressing. The most recent one has white bordering the logos on the back.

This is a much later press because it has a barcode and Carline address. Different blacks are used in the hair and electricity, what you have is not the error-press.

There is much debate as to what constitutes a 1st press, but the general consensus is that 1st presses have the Matrix PL-902 in the matrix. Second pressings have m2 on the a-side and m3 on the b-side.

It's hard to tell because the records may have been pressed at different places.

But what you have is definitely the 2nd to most recent pressing. The most recent one has white bordering the logos on the back.

yeah i get all that, but the fact that the vinyl is opaque is also confusing.  i just can't find anything that supports a mispress on a later press, because it is definitely misprinted.

It's not a misprint. They're all like that because they use different blacks for the hair and background. The misprinted one had very light electricity in the background.

i know i know beams.  but the cover is is misprinted.  can you see in the pic above?  it doesn't look like any of my new pressings. 

• 1 year later...