PO: Astronautalis/Rickolus Split 7-inch

From the inbox:

Astronautalis & Rickolus Split 7" to be released on Limited Fanfare Records on April 23rd, 2013 (limited to 650 copies)!

Longtime friends and collaborators, Astronautalis (Charles Andrew Bothwell) and Rickolus (Richard Colado,) both musically bred in Northern Florida, wanted to share something more than what the typical 2-sided 45rpm record usually holds – That was each other’s brains. “I remember us talking about it on our friend's porch in Texas last year after SXSW, we may have been drinking coffee. I don't know how we got on the subject, but once the idea of collaborating came up I think we both were sold. We both write a lot of music and always have little orphan ideas laying around that we don't know what to do with, this sounded like an interesting way to maybe give a few of them life. I think it turned out swell,” says Rickolus.

Recorded in both Andy's adopted hometown of Minneapolis, MN and Rickolus' stomping grounds of Jacksonville, FL, each song sees one another handling musical and production duties for the other...Says Rickolus, “On “Fallen Street” - Andy made the beat and I played guitars, wrote the lyrics and sang...and on ”The Rainmakers” I played the guitar and Drums and Andy wrote the words and sang.” The advantage of two friends getting together to work on music is that they know each other’s strengths and weaknesses – good for us that that weaknesses didn't rear their nasty little heads this time around...Only an abundance of strength in this one!

astronautalis_rickolus_cover.jpg

RELEASE DATE: April 23, 2013 on LTD ED 7” & Digital Formats

Vinyl PRE-ORDER begins March 24th at www.limitedfanfare.com

Tracklisting:
Side A: The Rainmakers
Side B: Fallen Street

PRODUCED BY ASTRONAUTALIS & RICKOLUS
WRITTEN BY ASTRONAUTALIS & RICKOLUS
ARTWORK & DESIGN BY RICKOLUS

Limited Fanfare Records – LFR-014 – 7” Vinyl/Digital

PRESSING INFORMATION:

LTD to 650 Copies on 4 Vinyl Colors

100 Copies on Mixed/Random Color Vinyl (Exclusive Record Store Day and Block x Blog Festival Version – Hand Numbered)

150 Copies on White Vinyl
150 Copies on Red Vinyl
250 Copies on Black Vinyl

Guest tms2787

I can't believe I missed this. I would have loved to get all four colors of it and have the full set, but I missed out and only was able to get the black. I will order the other colors of the second press if I can. The two songs on this are awesome. Andy rules.

From my inbox:

Even through ALL 1st Pressing COLOR VINYL IS ALREADY SOLD OUT (and only about 75 copies of Black Vinyl remain)...We held on to 10 copies of both Red and White vinyl just for you fine folk on the e-mail list!! LIMIT 1 Copy per color/per customer!!!

SO......We're ANNOUNCING The 2nd Pressing 

175 Copies on Lavender Vinyl
175 Copies on Blue Vinyl

CLICK HERE TO PRE-ORDER

If you've already placed an order for the 1st Pressing, use coupon code:
ASTRORICKO2

This will get you $2.75 off shipping for the order of the 2nd Pressing ONLY! (Basically, 1 record will ship for .50 more for 2 records or $1.25 additional with your previous order!) 

If you did NOT previously order and use the coupon code...we will know...BELEE DAT