Opinions on Pioneer Quartz PL-630

I hate starting a new topic as the forum has a flood of these, but I'm finally getting a big boy table and saw this model at the local shop for $150.  It looked like it was in great condition, and the clerk said they had cleaned it and replaced the needle.  Cursory research shows it sells for more than that pretty regularly.  I know Pioneer is big name, but I'm not sure about this specific model.  Anyone have any experience with this one, or can point me to some good websites for reviews?  My last table shit the bed, and I'm looking for a more vintage build, but if this table is worth the price I'll jump on it.  Any help would be much appreciated!

I just picked up a PL-530. Direct drive also but not quartz lock like the PL-630. I think the PL-530 is the older version of the PL-630, much different appearance but similar specs otherwise. I paid $100 for mine ($300-400 normal used price) but I needed to clean the speed controls and adjust the auto-return. Overall cleaning as well but nothing major. 

What kind of shop is selling the turntable? Do they sell and service lots of audio equipment or was this a one-off? I think $150 is fair if the turntable doesn't need any work and was serviced by someone who knows what they're doing. Maybe find out what cartridge is included.

If it's in good shape and everything works properly, buy it.  The PL-630 is considered one of Pioneer's best.  Of course, you should do your research beforehand, familiarize yourself with it and make sure it has all the functions / features you desire in a turntable.  Maybe research any common problems in that particular model and make sure that if something were to go wrong, it wouldn't be too difficult to fix.  It's not super-rare table or anything, so procuring spare parts probably wouldn't be that difficult.

eBay prices for the PL-630 are overinflated if you ask me.  It's a nice table ... but it's not that nice.  Of course, that could work in your favor if you decide that it's not for you.  I would imagine that you'd have no problem unloading it for at least what you paid, if not a decent amount more.

It's a record store that's selling it, so I have some faith in their opinions. They always have a used table or two in stock. I think I'm going to pull the trigger on it as it's a decent price, and like you mentioned, if l don't like it I can most likely get rid of it for the price I paid. Thanks for your opinions so far!

It's a record store that's selling it, so I have some faith in their opinions. They always have a used table or two in stock. I think I'm going to pull the trigger on it as it's a decent price, and like you mentioned, if l don't like it I can most likely get rid of it for the price I paid. Thanks for your opinions so far!