Anti-static brush help

How hard are you pressing down when you use the brush? I've never had an issue with my audioquest and have used it dozens of times...

I guess I should note I only expect an anti static brush to discharge static and not actually clean a record, that's what record cleaning machines/kits are for. So I only use it on brand new or recently cleaned records. Still, you shouldn't have fibers being shed all over the record...

I didn't press, just let the weight of the brush, if that, do the work. The box said don't press or put any unnecessary stress on the fibers. I didn't expect it to clean, but it did gather a bit of particulate and I could see some on the turntable. I took the LP off to examine what it had and that is when I saw that there were fibers all in the grooves of the record. I ran the brush over the spindle so it did discharge the static, but why use it if it will shred everywhere? Maybe I have just had bad luck, I don't know. Having said that, good or bad I played the record anyway. I didn't hear anything that would scream "WTF THERE ARE LITTLE FIBERS IN THE GROOVES", so maybe it isn't such a big deal? If the record didn't happen to be white, I'd not have known.

I ordered the Rek-O-Kut dust bug a couple months ago from Needle Doctor. I was pretty happy at first but after a couple weeks the bristled took on an angle. Now they move from the outside to the center of the record within one song. Moving the bristles back with my finger/brush helps a little, but it's still a pain in the ass. The anti-static part works, though.

I ordered the Rek-O-Kut dust bug a couple months ago from Needle Doctor. I was pretty happy at first but after a couple weeks the bristled took on an angle. Now they move from the outside to the center of the record within one song. Moving the bristles back with my finger/brush helps a little, but it's still a pain in the ass. The anti-static part works, though.

I ended up returning a second anti static brush so I am done with them. I bought a regular wet cleaner, throw some distilled water on it and run it around and it works nice. I'll further eliminate the static when I upgrade to the Acril-it platter and, hopefully, not even need an anti static carbon fiber brush. Upsetting to say the least that nothing seems to perform well.

I ended up returning a second anti static brush so I am done with them. I bought a regular wet cleaner, throw some distilled water on it and run it around and it works nice. I'll further eliminate the static when I upgrade to the Acril-it platter and, hopefully, not even need an anti static carbon fiber brush. Upsetting to say the least that nothing seems to perform well.

I appreciate your review.  I was in the market for a brush but will most likely pass after your horror story.