WTB/WTTF: Preamp for Pro-ject Debut Carbon

castaway

Got my pro-ject debut carbon in the mail today and now I need a decent preamp for it.

This might be a long shot but I leave for a long vacation Tuesday and would really like to hear this nice new turntable before I leave. If anyone wants to make a deal that can hopefully ship it out TODAY via priority mail, that would be awesome. You can give me an asking price (not looking to spend more than $150) or check out my tradelist in my signature and see if there's any records you're interested in.

Side note: If anyone knows where I'd be able to pick up a preamp in store, or any other advice, that would help too. 

Thanks y'all. 

If you can't snag anything here, Guitar Center usually has a few decent (but obviously not GREAT) preamps for like $50 - $100 in store. Personally, I'm of the belief that a preamp is substantially less important in the audio chain than the source, the player, and the speakers/headphones, so there's no harm in getting by for a while with a budget one.

Thanks for the input guys.

I actually just did some digging and found out you can sign up for "Amazon Student" where you can give them a college e-mail and you get 6 months of Amazon Prime for free. 

In other words, one day shipping for $4. Yes please. 

Now, what preamp would someone recommend from Amazon that goes well with the Pro-ject debut carbon?

Art DJPRE II. Seriously. Don't be fooled by the name or the price. This is a decent preamp even if it sold for three times the cost. If you don't believe me, have a look at the positive feedback this preamp gets at audiokarma. And preamps are a major part of the sound reproduction. If done poorly, they can add a lot of noise and seriously effect the soundstage. 

http://www.amazon.com/ART-II-Preamplifier-Outputs-Switchable/dp/B000AJR482/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1372433039&sr=8-1&keywords=art+dj+pre