Where/How to watch or download tv shows for free?

First off, I'm sure there's probably already a topic for this somewhere but didn't know what to search for so if there is, please direct me there or merge my question there.

I used to have vuze that I would download shows on and then watch it on my ps3. I got a new laptop a bit ago with windows 8 and for whatever reason, Vuze doesn't seem to want to work with windows 8 or I just cant figure out how to do it.

What do you guys use to watch shows on? Most of my favorite shows are on HBO and Showtime and I really want to watch the season 8 premier of Dexter.

Im a mac guy so maybe the process is a little different but i just did this w/ the season premiere of Dexter.

Torrentz.com, search for whatever you want. Find the torrent that works for you, download it (mine downloaded in Vuze as thats my default client). I then put the file on a flash drive and plugged it into my USB slot of my PS3 and the watched it that way.

The file sharing thread:

http://boards.vinylcollective.com/topic/81238-torrents-nzbs-file-sharing/?hl=torrent

The short answer

Pay $10 for an invitation to a good private torrent site and don't mess with download sites that are full of those stupids trick ads, pop-ups, and sometimes viruses. Don't have to worry about getting popped either, like when using something like the Pirate Bay.

i check out dvds from the library...

I have a buddy that does this and I am surprised more people don't. You think at first "no thanks, I'll leave the Arthur DVDs and Ken Burns Documentaries for the kids and high schoolers writing history papers" but they have a really good selection of DVDs and CDs for free. Stuff like Tarantino movies in there (at least at my local).