Debut Carbon with 2m Blue + Speedbox for $450: yay or nay?

I assume these are all used? 

assuming used and in good condition--seems like a reasonable price.  No idea what these would all cost individually in Candaland, but even in USD it would be a hefty discount over new prices (Table + Cart + Speedbox = $350 + $225 + $130).

PS:  Is it wrong to want a 2m Blue simply because it matches the color of my table?

• 2 weeks later...

$450 is the price for all new Carbons I see here in Canada.

Go for it or wait for a cheaper deal on the stock model?

Or go vintage?

Or idk

EDIT: Just got it. Turns out what I forgot in the listing was that it included a Q up tonearm lifter, which is $60. Not bad. c:

How does the Q Up work? Well? Probably going to be buying one soon.

How does the Q Up work? Well? Probably going to be buying one soon.

Works well. Gives the tonearm a little jump when it reaches the end, and of course you can adjust the strength if you don't feel safe with a giant push.

By the way, if you have a Rega or Pro-ject, you have to make a few changes and stick it on without the bottom platform with something like putty, which by the way, can be barely noticeable.

http://www.thequp.com/DIY_Modification.html (Step one not done on mine)

Works well. Gives the tonearm a little jump when it reaches the end, and of course you can adjust the strength if you don't feel safe with a giant push.

By the way, if you have a Rega or Pro-ject, you have to make a few changes and stick it on without the bottom platform with something like putty, which by the way, can be barely noticeable.

http://www.thequp.com/DIY_Modification.html (Step one not done on mine)

Thanks for the heads up. 

PS:  Is it wrong to want a 2m Blue simply because it matches the color of my table?

In Eastern philosophy there is a practice of "dualism" or "yin and yang" as we know it in the Western world. If you want the 2m Blue because it matches the color of your table that is fine, but if it's a downgrade for you, then it doesn't matter. Logically because

1. you are interested in the color. There is a certain feel and connection to what we percieve and what we admire. In this case you like blue (I assume) So with dualism, the 2m Blue upgrade isn't a bad upgrade for you.

2. If it is an upgrade from another cartridge this serves as a double positive for you. Admired color + better quality=pleasure. 

In Eastern philosophy there is a practice of "dualism" or "yin and yang" as we know it in the Western world. If you want the 2m Blue because it matches the color of your table that is fine, but if it's a downgrade for you, then it doesn't matter. Logically because

1. you are interested in the color. There is a certain feel and connection to what we percieve and what we admire. In this case you like blue (I assume) So with dualism, the 2m Blue upgrade isn't a bad upgrade for you.

2. If it is an upgrade from another cartridge this serves as a double positive for you. Admired color + better quality=pleasure. 

I was mostly kidding. (mostly).  but it actually is a a direct upgrade from my stock 2m red.