PO: Belle & Sebastian - The Third Eye Centre (2xLP Comp)

http://store.matadorrecords.com/third-eye-centre

Pretty sure the difference between Standard and Deluxe is only the 180g (both black) and slightly different jackets?? Big price difference though @ $30 and $19

The Deluxe LP comes on 180 gram vinyl in high-gloss jackets, CDs come in hardbound book packaging recalling the classic Push Barman To Open Old Wounds collection. 

LPs include MP3 download coupon.

2003’s Dear Catastrophe Waitress ushered in a new chapter for Belle and Sebastian. Once a hushed bedroom indie project, the band reemerged as a pop powerhouse. Subsequent albums, The Life Pursuit and Write About Love marked a newfound confidence in the Scottish collective, and with it, some of their best record and ticket sales to date, elevating Belle & Sebastian from cherished undergroundlings into masters of modern songcraft.

Third Eye Centre, like its predecessor Push Barman To Open Old Wounds, collects fanfavorite b-sides from cherished albums and also serves as a documentary of a decade - in this case, Belle And Sebastian’s second coming.

From the remixes of “I’m A Cuckoo” and “Your Cover’s Blown” to soon-to-be-classics: Blue Eyes Of A Millionaire” and “Last Trip”, this collection traces the band’s growing interest in and mastery of classic rock, glam, disco and pop, all anchored by Stuart Murdoch’s forever-intimate lyricism.

Third Eye Centre’s collection of b-sides, collectibles & non-LP tracks is an indispensable entry into any Belle and Sebastian fan’s stacks and an essential preview of what the future holds.

Tracklisting:
A1. I’m A CUCKOO (AVALANCHES REMIX) I’m A Cuckoo CD Single
A2. SUICIDE GIRL I Want The World To Stop Digital Single
A3. LOVE ON THE MARCH Step Into My Office Baby CD Single
A4. LAST TRIP Bonus Track for Write About Love
A5. YOUR SECRETS Books CD Single

B1. YOUR COVER’S BLOWN (MIAOUX MIAOUX REMIX) UNRELEASED
B2. I TOOK A LONG HARD LOOK Funny Little Frog CD Single
B3. HEAVEN IN THE AFTERNOON White Collar Boy CD Single
B4. LONG BLACK SCARF White Collar Boy CD Single
B5. THE EIGHTH STATION OF THE CROSS KEBAB HOUSE Funny Little
Frog 7” Single

C1. I DIDN’T SEE IT COMING (RICHARD X MIX) Come On Sister 12”
C2. (I BELIEVE IN) TRAVELLIN’ LIGHT I’m A Cuckoo CD Single
C3. STOP, LOOK AND LISTEN I’m A Cuckoo CD Single
C4. PASSION FRUIT I’m A Cuckoo CD Single
C5. DESPERATION MADE A FOOL OF ME Step Into My Office Baby CD

D1. BLUE EYES OF A MILLIONAIRE Come On Sister 12”
D2. MR RICHARD The Blues Are Still Blue CD Single
D3. MEAT AND POTATOES Funny Little Frog CD Single
D4. THE LIFE PURSUIT The Blues Are Still Blue CD Single

I have all their LPs.....I recently scored PUSH BARMAN...and I am looking to get rid of the 12" singles that are in that LP set...if anyone is interested..illl have to look at which ones....

as far as their other LPs just do some googling and hit up online retailers....their stuff is readily in print and able to find with a little work...

I ordered the Write About Love from the band...with the 7" so that was the "deluxe" one...I think it was 180g ill check tonight...

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone know for sure the difference between the deluxe and standard vinyl versions?

The deluxe is sold out through Matador, but from the description it sounds like it maybe just came with the autographed poster? I don't need that, so I just wanna make sure I don't get hosed if I buy the deluxe off Discogs.