[VC Buy] Native: Orthodox LP

I don't think the mentality of "if some people can do it, everyone should do it" is the correct way to think about it. Labels that charge $12 are the minority, and for good reason. Vinyl is expensive to make and prices are still going up. A record label is a hard business to make sustainable. We all know this. The thing is, Sargent House isn't trying to fuck you because they're charging $17 for the new Native record, it's just that labels like Topshelf, and Deathwish who try to keep things as cheap as possible are just trying real hard to NOT fuck you. We're going out of our way to make things as cheap as we possibly can while making sure the bands still make money, we still make money, our distributor still makes money, etc. A companies goal is to make money. Record labels don't owe it to the consumer to make everything as downright cheap as they possibly can. They don't actually owe you anything at all. In my opinion you should be thankful labels like Deathwish exist instead of holding it against the majority for doing what a lot of people would simply call smart/safe business. 

Is a label a "company" or a creative outlet?

• 4 weeks later...