Mile of Music

Haven't been around here in a while but thought I would see if anyone in the Wisconsin area is hitting up Mile of Music in Appleton?

I'm super pissed that I'm going to miss the Norah Jones "secret" appearance on Friday night.  I still might be "sick" that night at work and make it to that show.  Ah well at least I'll get to see Justin Townes Earle.  Other than that it's mostly bands that I don't know.  

So uh, yeah if your one of the other 2 Wisconsin peeps on this board let me know if your going to make and I'll buy you a beer if / when we cross paths.

http://mileofmusic.com/

Any chance you were at the Frank Turner / Off With Their Heads show last night in Madison?  I just got back from that.

Yeah.

Wish I would have known someone else going. I posted that I was going in the small talk thread, but stuff gets passed over easily there. Do you live near madison?

I'm from Menasha, which is right next to Appleton.  (2 hours from Madison)  Hence my bringing up Mile of Music.  I actually was only a fan of Justin Townes Earle prior to hearing about the fest.  I've started to really like a handful more, but most of it isn't my style.  Or at least isn't something I'd listen to more than once a blue moon.

Still it's a cool idea, and a good thing for Appleton so I'm volunteering at it and trying to get anyone and everyone I know to come.  Most shows are free, and they are trying to model it after SXSW, so there are supposed to be pop up shows happening frequently.

But Frank Fuckin Turner, amazing show.  I should have checked here before heading out to the show.  Would have been nice to meet up with a fellow VCer.  I saw him a couple months ago in Milwaukee and I would go and see him again tomorrow if I could.  Off with Their Heads was great too.  I've only more recently gotten into them, I don't really know why I always was kind of meh about them.  Ben Marwood was a surprise at how amazing he was too.  I looked him up a couple months back when I got the tickets and really liked him, but he was so much better live. 

Cool I'll get back to you about it.  I just need to try and finagle my way out of work that night.

As a tangent but, I've actually been working on the guys running Mile of Music to look into booking acts like Ragan and Barry and pretty much any and all of the Revival Tour bands for next years Mile of Music.