DJ mixer anyone?

• 3 weeks later...

I don't necessarily feel like having a mixer means you have to pump out the dope mixes. I've been collecting 45's for many years, and I find that there is nothing more pleasurable than being able to chain along 7" records when listening to music, especially when you're going tune-for-tune with a friend. I've always been a huge fan of the numark 19" mixers, because of the ungodly amount of channels in a small package. I can have my two turntables, along with my two cd players, and a channel coming out of my computer to listen to live streams and digital recordings, as well as a cassette deck,  without ever having to stop the music. I also run one of the outs into my computer through a usb interface, which I feel is a must have for mixtape nerds. It allows you to use a variety of media to create mixes that are created in real time, with real media.  

For me, the vinyl record has always been about the level of interaction you have with the media. With a 45, you have no choice but to pay attention to the music. Having the mixer allows you to take that interaction one step further. If you haven't listened with a mixer involved, I think you'd be surprised as to how much more of an enjoyable experience it can be.