PO: Maria Taylor - Something About Knowing (Saddle Creek, 29/10)

jipc

Up for per order now. Limited to 500 translucent teal vinyl.

http://saddle-creek.com/store/610

"Something About Knowing" is now available for PRE-ORDER! The album is not in stores until OCTOBER 29 but if you order from us, we will ship it to you on OCTOBER 15! That's two weeks early! Also on OCTOBER 15, your account will be updated to download the album as high quality 320 Kbps MP3s.

PLEASE NOTE: We cannot split up up orders. Any items ordered with "Something About Knowing" will be held until the OCTOBER 15 ship date.

LP is pressed on beautiful translucent teal vinyl and is limited to 500 copies!

“This record has the spirit of ‘This is how I feel now, and these are all the elements that brought me here,’” Maria explains. “I listened to my previous records and went in the studio wanting to take the best elements of each of them…I feel like I really conquered something on this one.”

Something About Knowing’s spirit of “coming home with confidence” extends from Maria’s personal and artistic peacefulness to the team she picked to surround herself with while making this album. She enlisted producer Mike Mogis, an essential creative foil on her first two records. Her brother Macey Taylor played bass on every song as well as keyboards and piano. And her old high school music pal Brad Armstrong co-wrote, played on, and recorded two tracks in his garage. “There we were back in his garage, only now we both had kids running around, it was really special,” Maria says. Longtime friend and collaborator Andy LeMaster mixed these two songs.

One of the most profound influences on “Something About Knowing” is the life-changing joy and newfound responsibility of being a first-time parent. “I worked on the album in bursts, when my son was napping,” Maria recalls. “Instead of taking a shower during those times, I’d run downstairs with the baby monitor and write and demo up songs.”

The album beckons with the opening track “Folk Song Melody,” a mesmerizing acoustic-with-celestial-atmospherics track crafted around a wordless singsong passage that’s instantly familiar. “That section says everything without words and the rest of the record fills in the emotions,” she says. And the emotions brimming on “Something About Knowing” are bliss and contentment.