PO: Blue Sky Black Death // Glaciers

757a2a9088da18b88c9eb8ada4e1063b_vice_67

ORDER

Throughout a career filled with collaborations with Nacho Picasso and Deniro Farrar, Seattle's Blue Sky Black Death has been quietly producing some of the lushest and most progressive beats in the game, strangely blending the worlds of shoegaze, prog-rock, and hip-hop. Come October 1st, they'll release their fourth LP, a 5-song joint called Glacier on Fake Four. That's the official artwork above, and below, check the tracklist and listen to the first cut from the album, a swirling 11-minute epic featuring Child Actor known simply as "II." (If you didn't guess so, it's the record's second track.)

Glaciers is out October 1st on Fake Four.

1. I (feat. Child Actor)
2. II (feat. Child Actor)
3. III (feat. Lotte Kestner)
4. IV (feat. JMSN)
5. V

No PO options yet, but I'm absolutely positive that they confirmed a vinyl press is in the works.

You can jam the second track (aptly titled II) right here.

Never heard of this group before, but this new song is pretty sweet. Will be checking this out.

I highly, highly suggest checking out their last album, NOIR.  It's my (current) favorite record of theirs, and a great indicator of their sound.  It's getting pressed for the first time on vinyl, and there are about 50 copies left.  Extremely lush chillwave / instrumental hip-hop, tied in with periodic samples and gorgeous soundscapes.

• 3 weeks later...