Why do YOU collect Vinyl?

I used to collect CDs until a few years ago when downloading was just so much easier (one of those guys for a bit), finally when I moved out of my parents my dad asked me "do you want the old turntable and big speakers" and i absolutely accepted the offer. he didn't want to give me his records I only asked for "the rise and fall of ziggy stadust" ... after hearing how amazing that album sounded through the system I had to go out and buy a few more. Since then it has become a major expenditure, but well worth it.

It is almost difficult to contribute a new reason why any of us collect vinyl 5 pages in, but it's definitely an awesome feeling to go to a record store and browse and explore some new music. it's a nice social activity both at a record store or at home with friends.

The biggest reason I collect vinyl though, is to collect reminders of my life, each record has a small story, whether it's one of my favorite records of all time, or I just got it at a show, or I just found it on a good day.  My collection is a part of me.

This is put together so well and is so very true.