Reship.com etc (Canada stuff)

So with the mental shipping prices now from the US to Canada, a few friends and I are trying to find some way to bypass the cost.

Originally we were thinking of getting a PO Box in Plentywood, Montana (about a 2 hour drive.) I don't know exactly how a PO Box works but I know some places won't ship to PO Boxes and I think you need a US address to even get one. We were planning on just going down once a month or so to get the stuff, but I don't know how big a PO Box is, whether the border would charge us customs, etc, etc..

I came across reship.com. Basically it's an address in Portland, OR and you ship it to them, then they ship it to you. It says on their site that they get a shipping discount because of the volume they ship and that it's passed onto the consumer. If i was to get 3 or 4 things to ship together it could end up being cheaper but I dont' know.

Do any Canadians (or anyone for that matter) have an experience/opinions about any of this?

i'm from winnipeg, and when called for i use a parcel pick up center in ND a minute from the border. unlike PO boxes, it's a real home address, so the owners live/work there, plus can receive and sign for items you get shipped to them. there's a small fee per item based on size, a record would be a dollar or two, but they handle everything with total care, or at least the particular place I use does. been going there for years, they know me, cut me deals on the fees and stuff. it's a great gig if you can find a place like that in your area. though in all this time, never used them for records. just car parts, guitars and amps. maybe I should start.