A little end of week update for yo ass

Guest admin1338560633

Guest Admin

[image]

It is the end of another week and with so much going on, I thought I would offer a little update/recap of what is happening at VC/SH. You will notice that the picture above is of Andy and Justin posing in front of the last 70 of our 100 CD sales. We opted to focus primarily on getting the rest of those out today as this has been taking us forever to assemble. 20,000 CDs sold in 1 day just surpassed our expectations and we have been playing catch up ever since. It was a long day and luckily for us, we had plenty of cold beer in the fridge to get us through it.

Andy and Justin are starting to record their debut album for their band, Only Thunder. They will be self-releasing it on vinyl and digital and forgoing CDs all together. They will also be accompanying me for my 3rd trip to Salt Lake City to go to IKEA. We will be purchasing some more Expedit bookshelves for Vinyl Collective as well as some other furniture to spruce up our office. The best part is that we are going with Ghost Buffalo to play in Grand Junction and on Sunday, April 27th, we will be joining Gaslight Anthem for a show in SLC. I am so absolutely pumped for that. Speaking of Gaslight Anthem, some of you have been talking about the recent repress of Sink or Swim. I spoke to XO records and they said that the pressing of 500 went to NO Idea and to the band and that took care of the entire pressing. There will be another pressing soon and with luck we will have some for sale.

The Teenage Bottlerocket pre-order is going really really well. There is a good chance that these will be gone by the beginning of next week. I wanted to add that there is a bonus track on the vinyl that isn't on the cd, "I Know You Know". The band recorded their side of the split with the Ergs! yesterday which is sounding amazing. Don't forget you can win a copy of "Warning Device" by guessing the song they recorded. My one and only hint is that it isn't a Ramones' song. We will also be working directly with Adeline to be offering you a pre-order of the upcoming split with Broadway Calls which I am stoked about. Teenage Bottlerocket are the best band playing Pop-punk in my opinion and they deserve all the great things that are happening for them.

On the topic of Pop-punk, some of you are wondering about the recess reissues of Screeching Weasel, the Queers, and Off with their Heads. Just got word from Recess that things have been delayed a bit and there is a shortage of colored vinyl at almost all of the U.S. pressing plants which is the weirdest thing. The colors of the vinyl will be more of a mixed color than a solid color and we should be getting Screeching Weasel in about a week and a half and the Queers/Off with their Heads, about another week later. Hope to post photos as soon as we get them.

I finally have an official word on Norma Jean's box set. They have been completed and will be flying to San Francisco from the Czech Republic and depending on Customs, we will be getting them sometime either late next week or early the following week. With them will be the other colors of the Sparta "Threes" double LP. The nightmare will finally come to an end and all of you very patient people will be getting what should be an incredible looking package. We really spared no expense on this box set and everyone should be happy with the end result.

Other Vinyl Collective odds and ends: don't forget about the recently posted records for Murder By Death, River City Rebels (test pressing contest, too), Flight of the Conchords, Redwalls on Yellow, Lemura repress, Russian Circles "Station" and "Enter"(repress) pre-orders, Black Keys, In the Red pre-order, Pennywise bro!, Tusk, and Foxboro Hot Tups. Also, don't forget we now have Maylene and the Sons of Disaster and the black w/ peach Sparta "Threes". And with regard to the Poison the Well "Versions", we are pretty much out of them, but they will be at various distros and at Hot Topic sometime soon.

We should be getting records by Metallica, Paint It Black repress, and the last of the Heavens' vinyl this next week and within the next few weeks, we will be posting pre-orders for Colin from the decemberists solo offering, the Minus the Bear beer commercials vinyl, and a few other surprises.

My mind is so fried right now so I will sign out. I hope everyone has a kick ass weekend.

Guest Admin
Fuckin' awesome update! Thanks Virgil!

Any word on the winner for the 27 TP's? I only ask b/c I would kill to own those... ;)

I meant to post a winner for a few contests today, but I am so drained. next week, sorry to push it back a week, but I am done for today.

Fuckin' awesome update! Thanks Virgil!

Any word on the winner for the 27 TP's? I only ask b/c I would kill to own those... ;)

I meant to post a winner for a few contests today, but I am so drained. next week, sorry to push it back a week, but I am done for today.

understandable, so much shit going on! thanks for the update!

On the topic of Pop-punk, some of you are wondering about the recess reissues of Screeching Weasel, the Queers, and Off with their Heads. Just got word from Recess that things have been delayed a bit and there is a shortage of colored vinyl at almost all of the U.S. pressing plants which is the weirdest thing. The colors of the vinyl will be more of a mixed color than a solid color and we should be getting Screeching Weasel in about a week and a half and the Queers/Off with their Heads, about another week later. Hope to post photos as soon as we get them.

Glad I ordered three of the Screeching Weasel. Virgil, how can I bribe you to get three somewhat different mixed colors?