Light in the Attic 2014 Subscription

ratbrain

Is anyone signing up for next year's Light in the Attic subscription?

http://lightintheattic.net/releases/1006-2014-light-in-the-attic-subscription-part-i

I was waffling on it for a couple days because $175 is a lot to drop at once, especially since they've only announced details for 2 of the 8 releases. But the fact that LITA hardly ever puts out a dud, plus the 15% discount in their store for stuff like Death Waltz releases, pushed me to subscribe.

Yeah, I don't really know what compelled me to sign up -- I've never done a label subscription before -- but it seemed like a great idea around 4am last night. Probably because I had a little chunk of change sitting in my Paypal account to defray the cost. 

I've just been listening to a lot of LITA stuff lately, and there's even more I still want to pick up. (The Louvin Brothers reissues, that new age comp they put out recently.) So the discount is a good draw, as are the cool like-minded labels they distribute. And even if they send me something I really don't like, I can probably find someone who wants it around here or on Discogs.

• 8 months later...

You probably know this but the pink is the online pre-order version, subscribers get "Malibu Blue."

Color vinyl editions:
200 on “Malibu Blue” wax (LITA Vinyl Subscriber exclusive)
500 on “Pastel Pink” wax (LITA.net pre-orders exclusive, limit 2 per customer)

It seems like as soon as they found Lewis and decided not to (re)press any more vinyl, they cut off the pink pre-order. Either that or the announcement made it sell out super fast. They had a "backorder" option for the L'Amour clear PO version but that's gone now too.

T

You probably know this but the pink is the online pre-order version, subscribers get "Malibu Blue."

It seems like as soon as they found Lewis and decided not to (re)press any more vinyl, they cut off the pink pre-order. Either that or the announcement made it sell out super fast. They had a "backorder" option for the L'Amour clear PO version but that's gone now too.

That's what I meant. The pink ones went super quick and I contacted Morgan who said they did, in fact, sell out. To correct my earlier post, I am looking for the blue subsciber one now because that seems to be my only hope!

• 3 weeks later...