Cartridge Replacement. Denon DL-110 over the Rega RP1 stock. Should installation be left to a pro?

You should use tweezers to carefully constrict the cartridge clips before attaching them to the cartridge pins. Just don't manhandle them, because you'll need a really stable hand, a vice, and a loupe to solder a new clip (ask me how I know).

Thanks Mcguirk. I think the main problem is, just by eyeballing the connectors, the prongs on the Denon seem, ever so, so, so slightly smaller than the rega cart. Ill try first thing in the morning. I'm reeling from the yet again falling snow and latest episode of Walking Dead ;)

Thanks again for all the advice guys. Installed it a few hrs ago and WOW what a difference the new cart makes. Is there a break in period as well? Because it sounded 10x better than the stock cartridge right off the bat. Surface noise is pretty much non existent on records that had it that I just listened to yesterday.

Last question is this, do you think I need to mess with the weight at all? I used the Rega protractor and got it lined up as perfectly as I could, but did nothing with the weight.

Glad it worked. There is indeed a burn-in period. The cart will sound a little less harsh, if anything.

Do make sure that you are running the cartridge at the correct tracking weight. I found that my DL110 sounds best tracked a little heavier than the listed weight -- maybe 0.25g heavier.

Thanks for the advice. I cannot stress how much better this sounds than the Stock rega cartridge that came with My RP1. I've been listening to Vinyl non stop since I have gotten it and it literally sounds better with each record. It even makes picture discs, almost sound great ;) I recommend anyone looking for a good cartridge to get this one from Comet supply. I ordered from them and it was just shy of a hundred bucks shipped. 

Thanks for the advice. I cannot stress how much better this sounds than the Stock rega cartridge that came with My RP1. I've been listening to Vinyl non stop since I have gotten it and it literally sounds better with each record. It even makes picture discs, almost sound great ;) I recommend anyone looking for a good cartridge to get this one from Comet supply. I ordered from them and it was just shy of a hundred bucks shipped. 

That sounds like a real good price for what I've been seeing it go for.  I've been considering that cartridge for a while. Too bad I've spent all of my money on vinyl already...haha

• 2 weeks later...

Just got my dl110 today. Ordered from amazon so i could get it next day. Not as cheap as comet but a good deal. First time setting up a cart and I think I nailed it first try. No distortion at all and it sounds cleaner than my previous cart.

This thing isnt even broken in and I like it better than the 2m red so far. I will let time be the judge.