ARCTURUS Live 2xLP/CD

PRE-ORDER: March 26th at 5PM Finnish time (10AM NYC).

Blood Music will soon be releasing ultra-limited deluxe edition vinyl and CD of the first official live offering from one of the greatest and most influential bands of the early Norwegian scene - Arcturus. The band will see their "Shipwrecked in Oslo" performance at the Sonic Solstice Festival 2005 turned into a high-quality audio release.  

The vinyl package includes professional editing and vinyl remastering from the original soundboard audio, heavyweight vinyl, and ultra-limited numbers in a special gatefold layout.

Audio:

Arcturus "Shipwrecked in Oslo" 2xLP

ArcturusLP-c-s.jpg

ArcturusLP-s.jpg

* Ultra-limited edition of 250 Half-and-Half Aquamarine/Black vinyl. 

* Ultra-limited edition of 150 Black vinyl.

* Pressed onto 180-gram+ vinyl.

* Professionally edited and remastered for vinyl from the original soundboard audio.

* 350gsm heavyweight board gatefold jacket, featuring photos from the performance.

* Inner jacket printing.

* Black inner sleeves.

Arcturus "Shipwrecked in Oslo" CD

arcturus-cd.jpg

* Professionally edited from the original soundboard audio and mastered specifically for CD.

* Includes 8-page booklet and printed inlay in clear jewel case.

* Limited to 1000 copies.

• 1 month later...

This record came out awesome, to each their own.  Most live albums are boring - but this one is amazing, otherwise we wouldn't have wanted to do it (sounds arrogant but more mean that we wouldn't have even considered it if we didn't love it).

The USA copies just shipped out.  EU copies will be gearing up for shipping next week.

• 5 weeks later...

I need to check out more Arcturus. Didn't realize they've been around so long. I remember liking Sideshow Symphonies when it came out, then they didn't seem to do much release wise quick enough for my young brain to stick with it. Anyway, the Back on Black version of Sideshow Symphonies is $10 and change right now in intrpunk's bargain bin. It's just incorrectly labeled as a picture disc.

http://www.interpunk.com/item.cfm?Item=130951

Anyway, tangentially related and maybe it will get more people to check the band out at least (and then look into this thread's release).