pressing question

Guest conoley

Hi there,

For Against Me, it's easy to get that information. start with noidearecords.com/discography.php. The info from their Fat releases are available in the Fat webstore under each album. I'm not sure about the material under Sire, but there are some people on the board who may know more than I do about that.

Good luck!

Guest scriptedrain
does anyone else ever wonder why newer limited vinyl releases rarely just have the pressing info included on the record somewhere?...or would that just make the whole hobby of collecting too easy

That doesn't surprise me as much as not saying somewhere at the label or when you order the thing. If I were in a band or working on a label, I would want fans to know there were only 200 or 500 or 1000 copies of a certain release or color. Not only does it prove its limited-ness, but it also makes fans and customers more likely to keep shopping or, at the very least, keep their eyes open for rare and unique items.

- Jeff

does anyone else ever wonder why newer limited vinyl releases rarely just have the pressing info included on the record somewhere?...or would that just make the whole hobby of collecting too easy

That doesn't surprise me as much as not saying somewhere at the label or when you order the thing. If I were in a band or working on a label, I would want fans to know there were only 200 or 500 or 1000 copies of a certain release or color. Not only does it prove its limited-ness, but it also makes fans and customers more likely to keep shopping or, at the very least, keep their eyes open for rare and unique items.

- Jeff

thats a good point jeff. i think its because labels want to keep selling the records after the limited versions have sold out. they dont want people to not buy because they didnt get the limited or most limited versions.