MINUS THE BEAR “Planet of Ice” dbl LP repress

Guest admin1338560633

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Virgil! I take it that the 50 tour-only repress set aside for the site are already filled in the pre-order? I can assume as much now that when I clicke on the link for it, the page it goes to no longer has it listed. My powers of deduction are razor-sharp!

yes, we sold all 50 already. Sorry guys!

Guest scriptedrain

Just out of curiousity, if they run out of clear with gold splatter, will they have white on tour? I'm assuming, considering why the album was repressed, but it sounds like the only one available on tour is clear with gold.

- Jeff

Guest scriptedrain
i thought they were both for the tour...

Check the original message. It sounds like Virgil is thanking them for the 50 clear / gold, but he's also selling the white which makes me think Minus the Bear isn't bring them with.

- Jeff

Guest scriptedrain
Only the clear/gold splatter is for the tour, but Virgil is getting 50 copies to sell here. Well they're already gone, but you get the idea.

No, we get that. Just wondering about the white being on the tour or not.

- Jeff

yeah, it was nice to go to Indiana to visit some family. They don't have wifi out there so i went without looking at my computer for the first time in years. It was kind of nice. I am paying the price now, but it was worth it.

thanks for asking.

Somewhat related...I picked up an extra copy of the 1st press at my local record shop...it was the clear w/ magenta splatter and the shop was selling it for $25.00!...I haggled with the guy and brought it down to $20.00...which is what it would have been if ordered via VC or the label..."I fought the law and won..." ;)

Guest scriptedrain
It is my opinion that if there is a 3rd pressing, it should be on 180 gram black vinyl. That is all.

I vote no 3rd pressing. Keep these limited babies limited.

- Jeff

Guest falloutcollapse

me too, but i hear that there is a chicago date being announced soon. 10-26 at the metro. if i go, i will let you all know, and i will get extra copies.

Guest scriptedrain
they are all gone.

the tour ones!

:/

i wanted one.

They were gone days ago. Maybe someone can pick one up for you at a show.

- Jeff

It is my opinion that if there is a 3rd pressing, it should be on 180 gram black vinyl. That is all.

I vote no 3rd pressing. Keep these limited babies limited.

- Jeff

All the color ones would be limited and then you'd have black for those people who weren't interested in short runs but would rather have the album in LP form. Not a bad idear in the least me thinks.

i am a firm believer that as long as there is a demand, there should be represses. the label wins by selling more records, giving them money to put out future releases and more fans are able to experience the music on vinyl format. plus, as sgoodcore said, the earlier, rare pressings will always have value for collectors and hardcore fans. fuck elitist bullshit.

i had this baby on again today and i really have to give it up for you, virgil. this is probably the finest release i own as far as total packages go. it looks unbeatable, it sounds like a million damn dollars...and the songs are fantastic. i wasn't that hot on it when i listened to it on my ipod, but as soon as i put it on the turntable i fell in love with it.

i wont lie: i ordered this because it looked so damn good. ive never actually heard a note from the band.

Step 1: tear off the shrink wrap.

Step 2: remove sleeve #1 from the jacket

Step 3: remove record #1 from sleeve #1

Step 4: place record #1 on your high fidelity stereophonic turntable

Step 5: get ready to fucking jam.