MLIW Last Show

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i understand when it's dumb kicks flying around like retarded wanna be ninjas.

but ever since i started going to shows, dancing and the music have gone hand in hand.

i'm not backing up dancing when it's stupid kids being tough or trying to look cool.

i think if they can do it well, let em do it. if they look like idiots, well, laugh at em and have a good time.

i understand when it's dumb kicks flying around like retarded wanna be ninjas.

but ever since i started going to shows, dancing and the music have gone hand in hand.

i'm not backing up dancing when it's stupid kids being tough or trying to look cool.

i think if they can do it well, let em do it. if they look like idiots, well, laugh at em and have a good time.

yes exactly. i rarely join in the pit anymore because it's just become too much of a clusterfuck. plus i'm old and out of shape.

I hardcore dance/mosh. And i've been doing it for more than half of my life. I've never hurt anyone and I have a blast doing it. People do get hurt, but usually only by careless people who are doin donkey kicks into the crowd. I love getting drunk and doing kung-fu style shit in the pit. I'd never dream of hurting anyone. Yeah, we look like idiots-but who cares? When you're with your crew and you're just having fun-that, to me, is what it's all about. I have a ton of friends who 'dance' and a ton who just watch bands. It's fun. quit hating.

I hardcore dance/mosh. And i've been doing it for more than half of my life. I've never hurt anyone and I have a blast doing it. People do get hurt, but usually only by careless people who are doin donkey kicks into the crowd. I love getting drunk and doing kung-fu style shit in the pit. I'd never dream of hurting anyone. Yeah, we look like idiots-but who cares? When you're with your crew and you're just having fun-that, to me, is what it's all about. I have a ton of friends who 'dance' and a ton who just watch bands. It's fun. quit hating.

I bet you look like one of

kids.

I bet you look like one of

kids.

Nah. We'd never let our hair get long enough to be mistaken as a girl. Seriously, why the hate?

I've been going to hardcore shows for a pretty long time, like 16 years or something. I definitely don't understand the dancing they do now. The karate kicks and shit, I just don't get it. 9 times out of 10, they aren't even close to the rhythm of the music. I miss the days of the creepy crawlies and circle pits. But it is still a mosh pit and the very nature of the mosh pit is that it's going to be rough. So whatever.

Wow. Why so angry?

When you've had the joy of holding your fiancee after some fucking moron doing spin kicks knocks her out and almost breaks her nose trying to look cool to the other five people in the room who give a shit about making the show about themselves and not the fucking band you'll be pretty angry to. Fuck your moves. Go to a dance club if you wanna break dance.

Dude. I didnt' do anything. I guess one bad apple spoils the bunch. I'm sorry about your fiancee. But you don't have to be a dick to everyone else. If a band is playing music, anyone there has the right to dance. Or are you one of those show nazis who makes everyone stand still? That's like being angry at all people who drink, just because your alcoholic dad was a douche. So fuck your rules on dancing.

As I said earlier, I would never hurt anyone. I've never punched or kicked anyone while dancing. The only time I've ever gotten in a fight was outside a show and that guy headbutted me in the pit for reasons other than dancing. Next, I had EVERY right to punch him in the face. And did so. I'm not into dancing at a punk rock show or less than jake(i've actually seen people kung fu dancing at LTJ shows). I'm just saying if you're at Sick of it all or converge, you can bet your sweet ass there will be spin kicks and the like, and in my opinion there is nothing wrong with that.