MLIW Last Show

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's one of the reasons I stopped going to hardcore shows. Too much nonsense violence. I understand the release of emotion and aggression in the pit...but it got to a point where too many meatheads looking to purposely inflict injury to anyone around them w/ the excuse of "moshing" and "hardcore dancing".

Fuck that shit!

I don't harcore dance, but I love seeing it a shows. Alot of times the band will really feed off it and it brings up the energy in the room. If you're afraid of getting hit, even in small venues there is usually other places to stand where you won't have to worry about it.

Now what's the story on this limited box set???

Guest scriptedrain
They were here 2 nights ago, but I'm broke.

It was a great performance that was ruined by a bunch of fuckers hardcore dancing.

That sucks. I'm glad I didn't go. I don't get why so many people are backing hardcore dancing here. It's the worst thing to happen to shows.

It was a great performance that was ruined by a bunch of fuckers hardcore dancing.

That sucks. I'm glad I didn't go. I don't get why so many people are backing hardcore dancing here. It's the worst thing to happen to shows.

worst thing to happen to shows is by far the fashion. it was amusing and slightly annoying at first but the whole scene-kid phenomenon has really caused a rift in the hardcore scene.

Guest scriptedrain

worst thing to happen to shows is by far the fashion. it was amusing and slightly annoying at first but the whole scene-kid phenomenon has really caused a rift in the hardcore scene.

I don't know about you, but I'm there to see the people on stage, not in the crowd. I could care less what the kids are wearing (it makes for good banter in between sets, though).

I don't know about you, but I'm there to see the people on stage, not in the crowd. I could care less what the kids are wearing (it makes for good banter in between sets, though).

Oh, I agree. It's just that I used to book shows and it's amazing to see the turnover in the kids which happens almost every four months. All the guys who I used to go to shows with have either dropped out of the scene completely or started going out of town exclusively for shows.

Pretty much right at the point that camo shorts, flatbills, and all-over t's came into style all of the "old-school" guys just walked out because they didn't want to have to put up with the new kids.

I dont mind moshing and circle pits. I fucking love moshing and circle pits. What I mind are the 10 or so fuckers who feel like they need to take up a bunch of space in the middle of the show to show of their spin kick moves. Fuck that noise. When ever I see that I start a circle pit and hope those fucks get trampled. Whats amazing to me is these are the dudes who bitch and freak out when you start an actual pit! "DUDE DON'T BUMP INTO ME!"

Some dudes tried to start doing this spin kick crap when I took my little sister to see Bayside of all bands. I grabbed dude by his foot when it came within 3 inches of her face and wouldn't let go until he said he was sorry to everyone around us. Fuck these dumb ass kids.

So what about the boxset?

before they played i was nervous because the local band here nights like these played(they rule) and people were killing each other and throwing bar stools and non sense like that. it didnt realy ruin my time watching them but it cam close to that. when mliw was about to play i was hoping it wasnt going to be like that. it really wasnt, it was just a bunch of pile ons which i love and people just running around screaming(which i am totally down with, and love to take part in). but apparently there were tons of fights and drunk idiots. i only saw one fight. it sucked.