All day I've been asking myself why I buy vinyl.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well then do what most people do... buy the record, and download the mp3's from the interweb. as a label owner i think thats totally kosher, and respectful to the artist and the label who issued it.

agreed, that's what I do. It's a bit unreasonable to have to buy an album on two different formats simply to be able to put a copy on your computer/ipod. I can't see any possible moral problem with it, given you've already paid for the songs in another format.

im not knocking you since im sure it comes down to a time restraint on your end but if you, or anyone else for that matter, considers themselves an "audiophile" listening to music from an ipod or on the computer would simply not suffice to that of a record.

You're crazy if you don't think I have a proper setup for listening to music on the computer.

-APE/APS MP3s (If anyone tells you they can hear a difference between these and lossless they're nuts)

-$300 Beyerdynamic DT880s

-$200 External DAC

-$200 Headphone Amp

It's no $5000 setup but it pumps out some quality tunes. If I had the ability to purchase $1000 bookshelf speakers and a $2000 turntable I'm sure I would listen to my records alot more.