International Shipping

it all depends how many records you are mailing. you should charge exact shipping plus like 10 to 20% added for mailing supplies(tape, boxes, mailers, etc). if you're going to be sending lots of records, its probably a good idea to pick up a shipping scale so you can weigh the stuff and print out your own labels. when printing your own labels with paypal delivery confirmation is like .18 for 1st class/media mail. its useful to have a tracking # in case someone says they didnt receive the items. i dont mail that much but i picked up a scale anyway. after doing some research online i bought a Ultraship Myweigh digital shipping scale. i bought the up to 35lb version and its very accurate(ive heard bad things about some of the other brands on ebay). when i have to go to the post office to mail international items(since you cant print postage for that), the weight is just about the same as my scale. maybe only off by like .1oz. if my scale says 13.8 ounces the post office one might say 13.9 ounces.

I would like to say, as a buyer from Europe, $15 for one LP would scare me away from your shop. Many distros and private sellers charge $11 for one LP and $6 for a 7". I'd go by that.

i think it's funny than whenever i ask a US seler about shipping an lp to canada they always say $11-14. fucking lame.

to canada, $6.50-8.00.

Shipping an LP to Europe is right at 12.00. Add to the the cost of the mailer, round it up to the nearest buck and you should be all set. Asia/Australia used to cost more, but now postage there is 1.00 cheaper. And don't forget postage goes up May 12. Not sure yet how that's going to affect international mail or even domestic media...

I usually will just eat the shipping for Canada, we charge around 4 bucks for shipping, so we lose a few dollars, but we gain some trust from over there as well.

For international we charge around 14.

I found a good rule of thumb is to toss in some extra's for international orders. Especially if it's a larger box that cost 20+ for shipping.

Germany and some other countries have to pay out the ass for shipping, so tossing in an extra cd, or some cool posters, and patches or something is pretty cool.

I always feel really bad having e mail a customer and saying "we need 15 more bucks to ship your package" . But when they recieve it, and they have some extras in there, it makes me, and them feel better.

You lose a couple bucks, but you gain customers in the process