I really miss the days of spending hours in the summer playing Runescape.  Didn't they update it a bunch though?

fuck i spent so many hours on that game, not even leveling or anything, just literally dicking around and throwing drop parties when i was rich as hell. the new updates suck some supreme ass, its pretty much unplayable for me it makes me feel old. but they released old servers for runescape 2007, and that looks legit, so i was thinking about starting that up again. wouldnt mind trading records and stuff for an account!

wtf, do you still play?

I haven't in like four months, but yeah.  I quit, for what I thought was for good two years ago, but then they came out with 07 which was almost everything I ever wanted.  Now that they are fucking that up too i'm pretty meh.

look me up in 07 and in normal

sun giantz      

• 3 weeks later...

I still have my original account. Username is Beard and I maxed it out last year when the newest skill came out then quit. The game is just not the same anymore but I had a lot of fun playing it in the past!

I thought it was out of this world the first time I met a guy ingame who just had a plain username with no numbers, or something that wasn't ridiculous.

Guy's name was just "Nick" or "Zach" or something. I was like, "holy shit!" 

I was also in the same server as Zezima one time. That was wild, everyone was following him around like a conga train. 

Just thought I'd share some of my experiences. I was always more active on the forums than I was ingame, don't think I made it much past level 60. I played from probably 2006 actively through 2010 or so. 

I thought it was out of this world the first time I met a guy ingame who just had a plain username with no numbers, or something that wasn't ridiculous.

Guy's name was just "Nick" or "Zach" or something. I was like, "holy shit!" 

I was also in the same server as Zezima one time. That was wild, everyone was following him around like a conga train. 

Just thought I'd share some of my experiences. I was always more active on the forums than I was ingame, don't think I made it much past level 60. I played from probably 2006 actively through 2010 or so. 

Haha oh my god, I remember that. People used to shit bricks over him. I don't know if you know who "Suomi" is but he ended up maxing every skill to 200m experience last year. I seriously don't know how that guy ever did anything besides play runescape for most of his life. Not worth it.

2010 was the last good year for runescape, then it started going downhill. I was open to the idea of changing the combat system at first because I thought it would be done well, but clearly that wasn't the case. Too many bugs and broken mechanics that eventually shied people away from the game altogether.

I think what ultimately broke the camel's back was the Grand Exchange and when they limited how you could trade, so that you could only do "fair trades." That, and when they put stuff in place to combat drop parties, really killed the whole economy of the game.

I don't think they realized how broken it was in the first place, but they just made it worse. Shit, the only reason I was ever able to get rich was because some guy gave me 35K for a watermelon seed and I was able to grow that slowly over time.

But I think that after a while they took off the trade limits, because I remember giving all of my money away to some guy when I quit for good.

Well anyway, tl;dr is yeah, 2010 was probably the last good year.

I think what ultimately broke the camel's back was the Grand Exchange and when they limited how you could trade, so that you could only do "fair trades." That, and when they put stuff in place to combat drop parties, really killed the whole economy of the game.

I don't think they realized how broken it was in the first place, but they just made it worse. Shit, the only reason I was ever able to get rich was because some guy gave me 35K for a watermelon seed and I was able to grow that slowly over time.

But I think that after a while they took off the trade limits, because I remember giving all of my money away to some guy when I quit for good.

Well anyway, tl;dr is yeah, 2010 was probably the last good year.

Yaeh man, trade limits fucked everything up, i couldn't overcharge noobs for weird "rare items" and i couldn't host drop parties anymore. I had bought 100 rune scimmies and used to just have 100s of people following me for drop parties and it was fun and awesome

well membership was never free - unless you mean a f2p rs2, but that would suck because f2p was pretty shitty.

but i still think its better than f2p now. 2007 was the golden era of runescape i think, there was always thousands of people online, it was a simple game but had so much potential, i might cave into getting a membership jst for the nostalgia