PO: Alex G - DSU (Orchid Tapes)

Guys, about selling the tapes or the split.  Understand, I am a complete hoarder and I am very attached to my collection... Even pieces that I don't like or listen to.  I'm not saying that I wouldn't be willing to sell these, I'm just saying that the price, due to my OCD, hoarding, collection issues, would just be to absurdly high that I would look like an asshole for asking such a high price.

I'm sorry I can't be more helpful.  You're more than welcome to try, it's just unlikely to happen.

I have the Trick and the Rules tapes.  I literally bought them because I felt bad because I thought he was so bad and I wanted to give him some support.  I also bought the RL Kelly Split.

really? I understand his music is a bit abstract, but it's not "so bad." That orange bitch from teen mom makes shitty music lol not alex

to each his own I guess

DSU tapes are sadly sold out on tour, but it looks like they've still got a ton of blood red tour presses available (and ED mickey's dead tapes if you're wondering). picked one up (on impulse, I wanted a tape) and had it signed; very happy to own the first press and now my first tour press of a record  ^_^.

DSU tapes are sadly sold out on tour, but it looks like they've still got a ton of blood red tour presses available (and ED mickey's dead tapes if you're wondering). picked one up (on impulse, I wanted a tape) and had it signed; very happy to own the first press and now my first tour press of a record  ^_^.

That Mickey's Dead album is really fuckin good, it took me a while but a thorough fan of Mat's work. 

I knew the dsu tapes were gonna sell out. I think I got a couple of the last two for us. And yeah Mickey'sDead. Is a phenomenal album. Probably second favorite ED release after Hotter Sadness. But speaking of mats work, in new orleans he played Monica from coma cinemas old baby prayers for request of a friend mat had in Nola, and dude....words can't describe what an amazing surprise that was live. Its now in my top favorite songs he's written. That high note mat hits, how it drifts and stretches out behind him, through the walls of the venue to rise gently above like a loose balloon.. the way mat's eyes rolled back and the corners of his mouth pulled like drawstrings into an uncontrollable soft smile.. that shit was truly beautiful.

I told someone $60 for both tapes and the split.  Not because I'm an asshole, but because I don't want to sell them.  or $20 per tape and $30 for the split if anyone is interested (split higher because I can more about my record collection than my tape collection).

I'm nuts, I know this.

If you don't wanna sell them for any reasonable price I'm curious why you keep bringing it up lol I mean sure we all want those two tapes pretty bad, but not $40÷ bad. I mean I just got dsu from Alex for %5. Both those cassettes are like less than a year old give or take .. just makes me sad to see them offered up repeatedly with the footnote of "but I probably won't sell them for a reasonable price, I'm nuts lol" whenever they're two of the currently most sought after releases for my collection. If I had the income I would probably still get them from you because I need them so much.. but if you don't wanna part with them why kebringing them up? ):

If you don't wanna sell them for any reasonable price I'm curious why you keep bringing it up lol I mean sure we all want those two tapes pretty bad, but not $40÷ bad. I mean I just got dsu from Alex for %5. Both those cassettes are like less than a year old give or take .. just makes me sad to see them offered up repeatedly with the footnote of "but I probably won't sell them for a reasonable price, I'm nuts lol" whenever they're two of the currently most sought after releases for my collection. If I had the income I would probably still get them from you because I need them so much.. but if you don't wanna part with them why kebringing them up? ):

I bring it up because other peoole bring the issue up. Someone said they would pay an absurd amount so I threw one out there.

I'm sure they'll be repressed soon anyways, so I'm just gonna wait it out. I'm over overpaying people for a tape/record that gets thrown in a sleeve and never listened to. It's weird when people say that they hate a certain album/artist, but won't sell it to someone that would enjoy it and listen to it regularly. That's not what the physicality game is about imo.

Hey guys, first post on Vinyl Collective after being a long time lurker. Anyway, I have a request.

I have every pressing of DSU so far and all I need is the blood red tour pressing. Unfortunately, I can't see Alex on tour otherwise I would've snatched up a copy right away. I was wondering would any kind souls here that are intending on seeing Alex on this coming tour do me a favour and grab me a copy, too? Obviously I'd send you the money for it, shipping and then some as a generous thank you. Would mean a great deal to me.

so the birdtapes store is down with a message saying "closed for august! catching up on orders."

wonder if I'll get my old order fulfilled. honestly not too bummed since I had bought those tapes on impulse anyway, but I'd rather not have thrown my money away.

Shoulda asked a week ago man. I grabbed a couple for me and another member and coulda got you one. I know that now all the cassettes have sold out so I dunno how much longer the blood red vinyl will be available on the tour.

I just recently referred him here from a thread on r/vinyl, so I'm unsure if he knew about this thread a week ago since he mentioned he only occasionally lurks. hope someone can help him out.

wonder if I'll get my old order fulfilled. honestly not too bummed since I had bought those tapes on impulse anyway, but I'd rather not have thrown my money away.

I just recently referred him here from a thread on r/vinyl, so I'm unsure if he knew about this thread a week ago since he mentioned he only occasionally lurks. hope someone can help him out.

I really enjoy the releases that birdtapes puts out, but it definitely needs to be managed better.

on another note there is a green copy of dsu on discogs for 84 bucks lol and ships from the uk..

Thanks guys. I really, really hope someone can help me out. I hope I'm not too late. It's only about halfway through the tour, right?

While we're on the topic, does anyone here have SALT?

was there a physical release of SALT or is that something new he is planning on releasing? I've heard of it, but I can't find anything else about it anywhere