SO Iron Man pretty much ruled!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when i'm older and have my own house, i want some lightbox frames to put my movie posters in... i went through a phase of buying double sided movie posters about 5 months ago. i have juno, 40 year old virgin, aqua teen hunger force colon movie film for theaters (two versions - "blah" credits and real credits), and eternal sunshine of the spotless mind (two versions - "would you erase me?" w/ kate winslet and "i'm fine without you" w/ jim carey). it's expensive, though, to frame everything and all. even the cost of one on ebay or something is pretty ridiculous.

ok, i saw this last night and i was surprised how good it was, even after reading so much poitive stuff. Downey jnr was the perfect choice for stark and nailed the character, but most of all i LOVED how they lined up so much stuff for the sequel, with references to war machine, the mandarin/the ten rings, SHIELD and the avengers shaped cherry on the top was the best of all. finally they did a marvel character right!

Guest conoley

At first I thought this said, "Iron Maiden," to which I replied, "duh."

That said, at the Montreal Canadiens home games last week, Iron Maiden had their name on the boards. I think it was to advertise a concert there, but I wasn't wearing my glasses.

Glasses are for nerds.

does somebody mind sending me a pm explaining the post credits scene, since i dont know anything about the comic? p.s. this movie exceeded all expectations

PM'd

I just watched this movie last night... i can't really say anything other than what

everyone else has previously stated. amazing time!

also, to the comic readers. obviously Samuel L. Jackson is going to play Nick Fury, but Nick Fury only started being portrayed as African-American when Mark Millar started The Ultimates. so, when The Avengers the movie comes out... will they use the original Avengers, or will they be using The Ultimates version. The Ultimates include the original: Cap America, IronMan, Wasp, Thor, Ant-man/Giant-man, but also Hawkeye [which would be siiick!], The Black Widow, Quicksilver, and Scarlet Witch.

what do you guys think?

I don't think it will follow any comic Avengers lineup. I would bet that it will only be characters that already have their own movie, and maybe 1 or 2 other characters.

Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, and Ant-man/Giant-man, since they all have movies coming out. Probably Spider-man and Wolverine, since they are really popular. And Hawkeye, since he's an Avengers' fan favorite.

That is my guess for the movie lineup.

Weirdest thing happened this evening.

I went and saw Iron Man for my second time in a mall theatre in the suburbs.

The first time I saw the film, was on opening day in a big theatre in the heart of downtown Toronto. That day alot of people stayed after the credits to see the Nick Fury/Sam Jackson cameo at the end . As soon as he appeared on screen there was a smattering of applause, and much jubilant hooting and hollering.

Everyone seemed every excited, like the Iron Man cake they were just given just got a fresh coat of icing.

Tonight when I saw it, I stayed, even telling the people infront of me they might want to stay because of an extra scene. A few people stayed this time, but I heard a couple of people saying "whys everyone still sitting". The (admittedly long) credits ended, and the scene came and went. Dead silence. Followed by people kissing their teeth and saying "Thats it!?!".

It was bizarre. I guess what I learned is its alot more fun to see a superhero movie with the opening day nerd crowd.

kind of the same thing,

i saw the movie on tuesday... a few days after it's opening release date. and i stayed until the end credits, because

i knew that there was something with Nick Fury. i told a bunch of people that were walking out, and they just turned to me and said 'who cares' and kept walking.

1. why wouldn't they want to see a special scene?

2. there was a total of 15 people that stayed... you'd think that after 5 days of being in theatres that people would

hear about this. i was a little surprised...

Saw it last friday, really enjoyed it except for the nerds around me providing comentary. The dude behind me almost lost his load when the Batman trailer came on. and a guy to the right of me sounded like the comic book guy from the simpsons except not hilarious.

Sounds like an awesome time. I fucking hate when people ruin movies. I have an awesome story from when I saw Walk The Line about a dude behind me who farted through the whole thing, but I'll save that, and my story about the European couple who talked all the way through Children of Men and then told me to shut up, for another time.