SO Iron Man pretty much ruled!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest vito

honestly one of the best movies i've seen in a long time. great story, great acting, great action. robert downey is the fucking man. he's easily become one of my favourite actors.

Whoever said it was shit is either A. not a fan of comic books, B. not a fan of action movies, or C. not a fan of Robert Downey Jr. Why they would see this movie if they were any of those things is beyond me.

Some corny lines, but overall I thought it was pretty damn good. I had low expectations too, but Robert Downey Jr. and Jon Favreau brought the ruckus.

The thing about movies like this is that you just have to walk into them with no expectations. If you go in there thinking you're gonna get Scorcese, you're gonna be let down. It's just a fun/funny summer action movie that's totally worth the price of admission. Oh, and the mix of practical and CG effects is pretty much seamless.

From Rotten Tomatos (mind you the movie now has a 95% fresh rating!!

This review floored me It was one of the anti ones

Light on both CGI and moral quandaries, [it posesses] neither the zip and sparkle of a Spider-Man nor the brooding existential subtexts of Batman Begins. [/quotes]

I don't think the guy knows what existential means.... Also he has no clue about visual effects.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/iron_man/?critic=columns&sortby=rotten&name_order=asc&view=#mo

From Rotten Tomatos (mind you the movie now has a 95% fresh rating!!

This review floored me It was one of the anti ones

Light on both CGI and moral quandaries, [it posesses] neither the zip and sparkle of a Spider-Man nor the brooding existential subtexts of Batman Begins. [/quotes]

I don't think the guy knows what existential means.... Also he has no clue about visual effects.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/iron_man/?critic=columns&sortby=rotten&name_order=asc&view=#mo

Even from the trailer I can tell that this will be a CGI-heavy film.