why buy 2 copies of the same record?

I actually really like when certain labels (Hydrahead for example) only allows one copy of a record per order/per person. Anyone with me on this, or am I just stirring the pot and pissing people off?

what i dont like about hydrahead is that you can only buy one copy of a release per order, period. youll have to look elsewhere for the other colors. what robotic empire often does, which is nice, is limit it to one copy of each color per order. i think that makes the most sense. everyone can get what they want.

Guest falloutcollapse

I'm going to start buying two of everything now, one for myself, and one to either trade, or to keep until one of my loser friends gets into vinyl.

i don't so this...the only doubles of records i have, i bought on accident...forgetting i had them already. and there's like 2 I bought to give to people who'd want them if they needed, then i'd just have an extra.

That's how i ended up with multiples of the x JUD JUD x records i have and that just sort of turned into a personal inside joke....that's the only reason i started buying multiples of their stuff was because i decided if I was going to collect one bands shit, then it'd be the most ridiculous band ever.

I don't like the idea of punk rock records being defined as collectibles. ...i try not to play into that too much with the label releases. but it happens from time to time.

buying vinyl to sell vinyl (at a decent price or starting bid)to eventually buy more vinyl = good

buying vinyl to attempt to sell at astronomical starting prices on ebay (cough seller fraziermart)=jerks

i buy and sell things from time to time mostly in hopes of getting some vinyl i really want...like all the yfw colors...i wishhh not to mention keeping up with the regular frequent preorders virgil has been putting up lately

i have two copies of Mihai Edrisch - Un Jour Sans Lendemain

i bought the first one when it came out, and then the second one when i found out that there were only 5 copies left at PurePainSugar. dunno why i did it. i'm keeping both of them though. unless someone wants to trade envy's All the Footprints for the other copy maybe?