Benjamin Booker - Violent Shiver 7" (/500)

Anyone check this guy out yet? New Orleans based kid doing a kickass hybrid of blues/grunge/everything else.

You can order the first single over at ATO. $5 on red vinyl. 500 pressed.

His full LP also came out yesterday. Standard pressing for that. It unseats Benji as my album of the year.

http://www.benjaminbookermusic.com

http://atorecords.shop.musictoday.com/Product.aspx?cp=126_54314_66092&pc=ATLP84&view_in=Mobile

Dude's from Tampa but is billed from NOLA. Weird. 

I don't know how I feel about him. I've never heard of him, and we have locally popular bands that are unknown to the rest of the world. People who make a living gigging nightly at bars. 

There are elements that are appealing. I want to get the full length and I'll give it a chance. 

Thanks for throwing it out.

My copy arrived yesterday. Both songs are great. Ships UPS which is nice cuz the mailman has been destroying my 45s since the 90s.

Its the first time ive been this excited about a new artist in a long time. Seeing him in about a month.

Anyone even remotely curious go check out him out on youtube or something. Last week people were already trying to sell this shit on ebay and discogs for 40. Get it for 5

• 1 month later...