Quick Stylus Check

Hey guys,

I'm aware that this is a super noob thread, so I won't take up too much of your time. 

Basically I just moved house, and despite taping everything on my turntable down, I just set her up and the stylus looks a little wonky to me. Hoping one of you can tell me whether or not it's ok.

Here she is:

KfQGT91.jpg

Thank you for your time!

You don't trust yourself to replace the stylus... But you trust yourself to replace the cartridge?!

You're right - I looked at the process for doing both, and it seems that the stylus is easier to replace (save for the potential added risk of grazing the needle with my fat fingers). 

There wasn't much of a price difference in it (£4), but I've gone for the needle. Ultimately I want to upgrade to something a bit snazzier, but I haven't decided what yet.

I did something similar, except I got the Jico Bananarama needle.

I thought it was a Jico Bucks Fizz or was it Bay City Rollers, I get very confused with these exotic names.

On a very tenuous Bananarama note if you guys haven't seen it you should search out The Comic Strip Presents: Bad News Tour and More Bad News, they are a great British take on band rockumenteries and there's a good Bananrama joke in the 2nd one.

Sadly the bassist Colin Grigson (Rik Mayall) died earlier this year which gave me a good reason to watch them both again with a couple of beers.

I thought it was a Jico Bucks Fizz or was it Bay City Rollers, I get very confused with these exotic names.

On a very tenuous Bananarama note if you guys haven't seen it you should search out The Comic Strip Presents: Bad News Tour and More Bad News, they are a great British take on band rockumenteries and there's a good Bananrama joke in the 2nd one.

Sadly the bassist Colin Grigson (Rik Mayall) died earlier this year which gave me a good reason to watch them both again with a couple of beers.

Maybe its your UK accent, but I have no idea what's going on anymore. Can we go back to making fun of Daditude?

Maybe its your UK accent, but I have no idea what's going on anymore. Can we go back to making fun of Daditude?

Of course we can and I find a general feeling of not knowing what's going on is a good state to be in.

I was trying to make a multi tasking post which I know is a bad move but thought it worth the risk.