PO/TP : CAPITAL "Homefront" LP blue + gold vinyl (

Guest admin1338560633

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok...

here's the deal. the plant I'm having the two Capital records pressed at ran out of colored vinyl. I know this sounds ridiculous, but this is actually happening to a lot of plants around the country. the supply of colored vinyl is limited right now...so they neglected to tell me this, so I'm sorting that problem out.

so my solution, at least for Homefront, is that they're going to press the records on at a 200/300 split(or at least a 150/350 split) on:

/200(or at least 150) black

/300(or around 350) grey/messy/undefined colors

so what I need you to do is if you ordered the "rarer color" from ME, not Vinyl Collective, let me know if you'd like to change that to one of the marble colors.

I have no idea what I'm gonna get colorwise...I'm just tired of this record not being here and instead of waiting around for them to get more color in, this is the solution that I can get two color options out of them to at least fulfill the orders that both I and Virgil have.

So, to clarify:

if you ordered a package of the two colors, you'll get a black LP and a random color.

if you ordered the "blue" option, you'll get a black LP.

if you ordered the "gold" option you'll get a random, probably grey-ish color.

please feel free to email me any questions or concerns at: [email protected]

if you're totally thrown by this and want a refund, that's totally cool too. I can't speak if this is ok with Virgil / VC, but if you ordered form me, I'll refund you if you'd like me to do so.

I really, really, really apologize for this headache...this was the first time I did a pre-order without the records in hand...and it's the last time I'm making that mistake.

most plants are having to order color vinyl from japan now. this is causing a shortage in color vinyl for smaller plants (musical, alpha,...etc)

Typically color vinyl comes from a plant in south america but due to the price of gas and other things they are forced to use another company.

i dont see this getting solved anytime sooner. Get stoked on no idea grey

Guest kylewilliam
most plants are having to order color vinyl from japan now. this is causing a shortage in color vinyl for smaller plants (musical, alpha,...etc)

Typically color vinyl comes from a plant in south america but due to the price of gas and other things they are forced to use another company.

i dont see this getting solved anytime sooner. Get stoked on no idea grey

haha, all 500 imtm lps are on that... i was sad no more variations but the shortage is fucking everyone.

• 4 weeks later...
they didnt have the colored vinyl so i think that threw things off. now there is a no idea gray and black. i think the black is the more limited. I know he posted about it a while ago and stated the delays.

yeah that's the issue we're dealing with.

I'm waiting on them to get ANY color in to press the record, the plan is that black will be /200 and whatever else will be the "common" color /300.

...but at this point I have no idea when they'll be getting the color in. I think they used to buy their color from United. Recently both United and Rainbo stopped selling other plants color pellets.