Back Pain

That's true, and it really does help.  I never have a qualm about taking a nap on the floor.  I'm not really in the position to drop $700 on a new mattress/sleep number.  I think that really would help, though.  Laying down on my back on a floor feels amazing.

Try like $3k+ for the sleep number stuff

I went with a pretty stiff memory foam new for $1500 (mattress one of the few things I would never consider buying used). I follow you, though. Make pretty good money (phd in engineering), no family to support, and I still had a hard time justifying that much loot to go from a soft mattress to a stiff one. No regrets.

As mentioned, I am hearing great things about inversion tables. I plan to get in my first session on my friends this coming weekend.

The downside is that it increases the blood pressure in your head and eyes. Someone who has some serious heart issues, glaucoma, etc might not be a good candidate. Also, someone who is just stupid and goes 100% inverted to 100% vertical in one second might black out or something. There's really no need for 100% inversion. Mine comes with settings (easy, medium, and hard, with hard being 100%). I probably go about 75% (medium) and it works well.

For most people here (I'm assuming they are in their 20s or 30s, maybe a few outliers who have crossed 40 or are in their teens), there should be no adverse consequences.

The biggest positive (in my mind), is that you FEEL it working immediately. Your back is a little sore after the decompression (regardless of the direction, our vertebrae don't want to move) but someone with the leg pain due to a bulging disk should feel some immediate relief. That is kind of in contrast to some of the other treatments (posture, weight loss, shoe support, sleep support, stretching, etc..), which are empirically shown to help, but it's more of a gradual effect that leaves you sitting there pondering "Did it help? I think it did, but I can't definitively tie the effect to the treatment (especially if trying multiple remedies at once)."