nirvana "in utero" pressing info

I don't think that's legit. Go to www.sliver.it and check out the Love Buzz owner's list. They don't have 228, but the 2's don't look like they were done by the same person as say, 226.

What about the silver sticker first presses? The later pressings have gold stickers...

As for LB, copy 228 just sold for under $200... looked legit to me. Anyone have contact with that guy?

What about the silver sticker first presses? The later pressings have gold stickers...

As for LB, copy 228 just sold for under $200... looked legit to me. Anyone have contact with that guy?

Regarding the SV with silver sticker : i'm not 100% sure, many first pressing have the silver sticker, but i'm not sure if they used the silver st. only for the first pressing.

Regarding LB 228 :if you are talking about the copy recently sold on ebay, it's 100% fake. It's the unfamous olive green vinyl version.

I missed the color as well. I never understood why someone would want a boot of a record like that. I mean, the songs are readily available... why $160?

I have both a silver and gold stickered Nevermind Simply Vinyl. I had heard that only the first pressings had the silver, but that could be a total fabrication.

Is there any way to tell the difference between that press and the supposedly corrected press?

Frank said he bought his copy 3 weeks ago in a big chain store, so this version is maybe still in press and i suppose they didn't press a corrected version. BTW if a corrected version exists, it must have different matrix.

The number 320 is the code of Universal's factory at Hannover (Germany) where the lacquers were cut.

I know there are different matrices on these- I think I've seen pictures and an explanation somewhere. I was hoping there was something on the sleeve, though, so when I go to Reckless I don't have to ask them to open one (which they won't do). I'm an OCD freak anyway, so I'll be buying it regardless I guess...